Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ailerongirl said:
Well...I think you just lived up to your handle... :rolleyes:
Yea, what's he thinking...the gal would have been flying Boeing 717's long before he would have got a job flying as a secretary on an RJ...big bonk on the head to him.

Is there something about being 20 years old that merely offends some of you? Or is it being female? Appears to me that the woman was seeking additional training and instruction, for whatever purpose, and that no facts are in evidence to suggest anything at this point in time.

Why don't you leave speculation to the media, where that kindo of fool nonsense belongs?

I was doing some very demanding flying right out of high school, and I know a lot of others who did the same. I got fairly sick of hearing the prejudices that came to bear against an eighteen year old pilot then, too. Still sick of it today. Fortunately, those who whine about an eighteen year old or a twenty year old are the same ones who puff out their chest and think their ATP or their hours mean anything but nothing...opinions like that don't count for much, anyway.

Aircraft are machines, like cars, and people get hurt or killed in them every day. It happened yesterday, it happens today, it will happen tomorrow. Don't spend so much effort trying to seek blame, speculate, or look for answers when there are no facts in evidence.

Three people are dead. Sad. Tragic. I hope their families find the comfort they'll surely seek, and I hope they can one day move on. Like us all.

If this event is a soul-shaking shocker, then surely it's because you're new in the industry. If you are, you should know that you'll see it happen a lot more over the years, certainly to a few (or more) people that you know. You'll never get used to it, always dread hearing about it, but will come to accept it for what it is. Part of life, part of the industry, and inevitable somewhere, some time.

Yes, the lady in the picture was certainly young, attractive, and probably had some great prospects in here future life. Prospects she won't get to enjoy now. No doubt the same may be said for the others on the airplane, and great condolences are to be had for each family member and friend associated with any one of them. As far as I can tell from the limited tidbits available, that's about all that can be said for this event at the present time.

Speculation is crass and unwarranted. Don't go there.

Well said Avbug. People seem to miss the fact that that a 421 has a full set of dual controls and reports say she had a instructor flying with her, and yet the media focus is on her and her "inexperience".

In the absense of facts its easy to lay the blame for an aircraft accident at the feet of the crew. Of course the crew cannot defend themselves because their usually dead. God bless their souls.

Latest resources

Back