• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Cessna 340A

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks 340Dvr, that is awesome Info to know.. Thank you much.. Now a big one for ya, when you are doing simulated engine failures what did you use for a zero thrust setting or how were you trained in it? Thanks again..

Tom...

PS Anybody have a 340 training manual that is better than the Flight manual that they want to part with or make me a copy for a small fee????

The zero-thrust settings are from a chart with different settings for pressure altitudes and airspeeds. Examples: 10,000PA, ISA temp, props at full fwd, use MP to select rpm, 80 KIAS, 1650rpm; 90kts, 1850; 100kts, 2020; 110kts, 2220rpm.
Flight Safety's twin Cessna course covers both 300- and 400- series, the manual is pretty good, but, I don't have one. Maybe somebody else out there can get you a copy.
Our vortex generator STCs up the gross weight to 6290 from 5990, and change V-speeds a little bit. Empty weight is about 4500-4600, full fuel is 978# without wing locker tanks (extra 20 gals per side), so you don't get a whole lot of useful, but the vg's help.
Oh yeah, those fuel burn numbers are for mid-teen altitudes, 12,000 to FL180 for an average.
(Where are you guys located, and are you hiring?)

Last edited:
I flew the 340A for a season at WMI (weather mod) and did most of my fire work (recon and air attack) in one too last summer.

I think it is a great flying airplane and really easy to fly. Previously mentioned power setting are pretty close to how I flew them. 120 is a good climb speed, maybe 130 if it is hot outside, but I never really had any problem with cooling in the 340.

Around 31, and 2450 was generally where I climbed, and 28 is a good cruise setting.

Gear speeds are lower than the 414/421, so plan accordingly. 146 I believe, and 160 for initial flaps. If you wanted to, you could probably leave it at 25" and slow it down with gear and flaps on the approach.

No blowdown bottle, you have a pump next to the seat..

Fuel burn, 35 gallons is about what to expect in cruise. A little less or a little more depending on power setting and leaning.

Last edited:
Yeah dude, lay of the crack! :)

Just kidding, you were right, I did originally have 35 a side. I meant 35

Latest resources

Back