Cessna 303 Crusader

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
rchcfi said:
I did my ME COMM in one. Great airplane from my perspective. I only accrued 80 hours in it though because the Chief Instructor at the FBO refused to rent it to me after a couple of guys I worked with got drunk, picked up some babes on the 4th of July, and spun it in killing all 5 of them. I didn't even know the guys, so now my logbook is in 2 pieces after I launched it at him after he implied I must be dangerous too.....
Just read the NTSB Report on that accident. Unbelievably stupid.

http://www.ntsb.gov/ntsb/brief2.asp?ev_id=20001211X12931&ntsbno=LAX93FA274&akey=1

A friend of mine was killed in one. They got involved with some serious icing. I understand that there were some issues with the known icing certification. I don't know how or if the shortcomings were resolved.

'Sled

You buying one or do you have a bunch of T303 Parker 51 time in your log book and are looking for interview gouge?
Oh ... that reminds me ... can someone give me the lowdown on the Boeing Business Jet? You know ... fuel system, limitations, etc. The usual. :D

Minh

Flown several. Nice to fly but you have to crawl to the cockpit. Pax sit on low seats with legs tangled. Wierd engines that are hard to get parts for as there are very few and most of the parts are not common to any other engine. Lousy engine and airframe fuel systems. In my book the least good airplane Cessna ever built. Charlie Melot Zephyr Aircraft Engines

charlesmelot said:
Flown several. Nice to fly but you have to crawl to the cockpit. Pax sit on low seats with legs tangled. Wierd engines that are hard to get parts for as there are very few and most of the parts are not common to any other engine. Lousy engine and airframe fuel systems. In my book the least good airplane Cessna ever built. Charlie Melot Zephyr Aircraft Engines

A little plug for Charlie. If you ever need an OVH this is the man to call.

Snakum said:
Oh ... that reminds me ... can someone give me the lowdown on the Boeing Business Jet? You know ... fuel system, limitations, etc. The usual. :D

Minh
I've got the "Cessna Wings for the World II" book sitting right in front of me. It has a comprehensive chapter on the T303, from design, testing and beyond. Lists all the limitations, performance figures, etc...a veritable pleathora/cornucopia of information. I suggest that if the original poster is buying, that he look on the net for a copy of the book.

In addition, Aviation Consumer's "Used Airplane Guide" is worth the money...you can buy the specific report for the airplane you are looking at or the entire guide. It makes for good reading and is very accurate...with owner's reports, charts depicting resale value, real world cost figures and gives details on all the AD's and model breakdowns.

We had a T303 MSN, but it was not in our charter fleet, we managed it for it's owner. I wanted to get some 303 time, but these Part 91 trips were so horible that the charter pilot flying them threatened to quit if he didn't quit getting assigned to fly them. So rather than get the experience, I opted out when management tried to pass this turd my way.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back