• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

cessna 210 glide ratio

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Are you landing in Chicago from the East? If so, you will most likely be brought down to about 4000' MSL just after crossing the Michigan shore. No chance of gliding anywhere.

If you are departing Chicago, you will most likely not be cleared high enough to glide back to shore in either direction (they keep you relatively low during the initial transition).

The same applies for many of the eastern Wisconsin cities.

Leaving from the Des Moines area going to Mount Pleasant, MI. I think that I am just going to skirt around the south edge of the lake.

peter185 said:
Does anyone know what the approximate glide ratio of a normally aspirated cessna 210 is.
NOT GOOD ENOUGH, I DON'T KNOW THE EXACT #, BUT I LOST AN ENGINE IN A T-210 AFTER DEPARTURE AND GOT TO WALK BACK TO THE AIRPORT. NO DAMAGE, THOUGH. :eek:

210 clean 172 not so much

I thinks its more like 10:1 + but who really knows as long as you make the road/field who cares. its just another landing right. but if someone tries it please feel free to pass it a long to the rest of us:eek:

For what it’s worth, I lost my engine in my T210 over the Ozarks many years ago at 10,500 ft and glided almost 20 miles to FSM. Had to dump full flaps to get down. That’s a tad over 10:1.

Latest resources

Back