Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Cessna 208 from Hawaii to the Marshal Islands...just took off a few min ago.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sounds like a ferry flight. Don't usually use bladder tanks. Aluminum tanks are mostly the type installed these days.

When your out there for the most part there is no Mode C. That is until you takeoff out of Majaro. Contact Buckholz, and they request your altitude to check your Mode C. Freaky!

Did a Caravan flight in the 90's out of Oakland, CA to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Stops in Honolulu, Majaro, Palau, then into KL.

FN FAL said:
When I found the flight, it was registered to Cessna, so it appears to be a factory delivery flight. I'm sure they have taken the proper precautions.

I'll bet they have three pilots on board, at least two for sure. If it's got the nice cabin, I'll bet the one taking a break is lounging and watching a DVD in the back.

My instructor at FlightSafety had been a ferry pilot working for Cessna before hiring on with FS, primarily delivering Caravans around the world towards the end.

Told me about some of the flights he'd made overwater like this one.

He said it didn't make him near as nervous as the ones he'd do over the African continent in the middle of the night.

If I remember right, he said they often flew long legs in teams.

Nice link btw.

I watched a lear 31 (N153NP) coming the other way last week. Over the course of about a week he went from Thailand to BNA. First, he went from Thailand to Guam, then to from Guam to the Marshall Islands, then onto Hawaii. Left HNL for Oakland the other night. Proposed 5.5 ETE. He made it a little faster and kept going to Vegas.

I would be interested to know where they put all the gas. The 31 is not really known for having long legs.

j41driver said:
Probably has his feet propped up on a fuel tank.

Yea, that would work...there's nothing worse than being short on fuel and out of Camel straights in the middle of a 13 hour cross country.

No seats in the back and one big ass tank. Talked to a guy who did a ferry from LAX to HNL. Think it took around 14 hrs and they departed 200lbs over gross.

Sounds kinda fun.

As much as a flight to the Marshall's is, did you wonder how they got to Hawaii? Now, that would be a long flight.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back