Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Cessna 208 from Hawaii to the Marshal Islands...just took off a few min ago.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
aussiefly said:
dang thats a heck of alot of flying. What sort of range does the van have ??? Just wondereing where they are gonna pull up for juice.
332 US Gallons...figure a gallon a minute for rough estimate. To get 160 kts tas, I usually see roughly 330 Lbs per hour on the fuel flow gauge.

They must have an STC'd fuel bladder installed. How big or what it looks like, I don't know.

Hey thanks for that :)
Still a heck fo a ferry but marshall islands is probably not the choicest of spots to get stuck in. Id much rather be taking it to tahiti or Noumea (mmmm french chicks :)

aussiefly said:
Hey thanks for that :)
Still a heck fo a ferry but marshall islands is probably not the choicest of spots to get stuck in. Id much rather be taking it to tahiti or Noumea (mmmm french chicks :)
Ha...I spent 6 months in Eniwetok back in the late 70's bra, I know what you mean. It was a dude fest from hell, but at least they had sharks. :D

Thats a cool site

I tried to search for Jimmy Buffets Caravan and it says his tail # is blocked from people lke me. Anybody know of any other famous tail #'s?

Not that it's much of a marvel in the GPS age, but here's what they got to look forward to when they land...

Not to mention some of the best wreck diving on the planet. Been planning that trip for some time now....one day I'll be able to afford the $10k price tag :eek:

e12pilot said:
Not to mention some of the best wreck diving on the planet. Been planning that trip for some time now....one day I'll be able to afford the $10k price tag :eek:
Well there ya' go. Ferry a Caravan, and stay a few days because of a 'mechanical problem'.... :D ;)

jknight8907 said:
Well there ya' go. Ferry a Caravan, and stay a few days because of a 'mechanical problem'.... :D ;)
Or build it into the flight...I ferried a plane from SAV to Teterborro and the owner was cool with me and the wife spending a few days in RIC with family.

e12pilot said:

Are you thinking of Majuro, or Bikini Atoll? I'd rather go to Bikini for the diving. Majuro is a stopping point....that's where the flights to Bikini launch out of.

FracCapt said:
Are you thinking of Majuro, or Bikini Atoll? I'd rather go to Bikini for the diving. Majuro is a stopping point....that's where the flights to Bikini launch out of.

I was thinking Bikini, but anything in the Marshall Islands is ok by me. ;)
What are they flying these days from Majuro to Bikini?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back