Central Air Southwest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
NoPax said:
As for JT being a "strange bird" that's your opinion, but he has been very kind to me, and feel the comment about the FAA 'trying to shut us down' is unfounded - anytime I've met the Feds on the road they have been courtious, and friendly, and not found anything with my airplane to ground it.
JT also has a SMOKING hot daughter. Very very nice looking. As for JT and the feds, NoPax, why don't you fill us in on that Lear trip JT flew a few years ago, SINGLE PILOT!!! I'd love to get your take on that. That is something I don't think the feds have gotten over yet; so do they watch that place like a Hawk, yeah, they probably do.

HawkerF/O said:
As for JT and the feds, NoPax, why don't you fill us in on that Lear trip JT flew a few years ago, SINGLE PILOT!!! I'd love to get your take on that. That is something I don't think the feds have gotten over yet; so do they watch that place like a Hawk, yeah, they probably do.

You seem to know more about it than me.

Googled Central Air Southwest, and could only find the website and stuff about the Canadian Transport Authority license being cancelled, a USPS bid protest...nothing that doesn't date back over ten years ago.

We haven't had Lears on property in quite some time - I'd say more than a 'few' years ago...maybe 'over a decade' ago.

I still standby everything I've said in the past - its a good company to work for. Great airplanes, I've never had to cancel because of maintenance, standardized cockpits, and TKS on all of the airplanes.

You seem to know more about it than me.

Googled Central Air Southwest, and could only find the website and stuff about the Canadian Transport Authority license being cancelled, a USPS bid protest...nothing that doesn't date back over ten years ago.

NoPax said:
We haven't had Lears on property in quite some time - I'd say more than a 'few' years ago...maybe 'over a decade' ago.
You should ask someone why you are not allowed to have Lears or any jets on the CASW certificate. I think you will hear what I asked about coming from the person's mouth if they are being honest with you. It's like that for a reason.
NoPax said:
I still standby everything I've said in the past - its a good company to work for. Great airplanes, I've never had to cancel because of maintenance, standardized cockpits, and TKS on all of the airplanes.
I am with you there. A couple of weeks ago some guy was asking about a AC500, and I told him to take it to CASW for the pre-buy and any and all MX because it is top notch. Do a search for my post and it'll be there. They know what they are doing and the work and parts are quality. The MX side is very good and I'd reccommend them any day.

CutEmUp said:
If the aircraft in thier fleet do not have autopilots, wouldnt they need copilots?

I looked at thier website and saw no hiring information about copilots. They only gave PIC info. Are they just not hiring SICs right now?

Hey Cutemup, I saw that a/c on your avatar a while back in PIT. What's up with the anarchy symbol?????

Mr Biggelsworth said:
Hey Cutemup, I saw that a/c on your avatar a while back in PIT. What's up with the anarchy symbol?????

If you know who flies the airplane that will answer your question...don't know how appropriate it would be of me to post that here.

NoPax said:
If you know who flies the airplane that will answer your question...don't know how appropriate it would be of me to post that here.

Met him in SYR last spring and again recently in IAD. Nice guy!

is it the lead singer from Offspring?

Geronimo4497 said:
Met him in SYR last spring and again recently in IAD. Nice guy!
Shoot me a PM.... I'd appreciate it.

I flew for CAS for about 2 years. I really like JT. I know the story about the lear; I've heard it from a few people, but I don't know if it's true or not. JT seems to be a much mellower guy than he used to be. Maybe having his son flying for the company helped him with that.

I loved my time there, but it definitely was a trial by fire. You have to be prepared to experience all sorts of weather etc.. I knew a couple of guys who didn't last a week there. I once read a pirep that included a pilot quote: "We're getting beaten like a yard dog."

I definitely recommend CAS. it made me a much better pilot.

Latest resources

Back