Central Air Southwest Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks guys for the reples.
I was also trying to find out about the bases they have open currently.
I have done the reseach on the past thread, but didn't fine the information I was looking for, anyways thanks for the reples.
It looks like the pay is not all that good and that airplane are old. It seems like most Cargo companies have old planes, and most aren't paying all that well.

DR

Don't knock the AC-500...yeah, they're old, but they're built really well. Don't let it discourage you. Most freight companies you'll apply at will probably have beat up old planes on their ramps, and sometimes they have planes that have been recently painted, but, like a mechanic buddy of mine said, "You can always paint a turd." I felt more comfortable in that airplane than others that were newer. It flies very, very well on one engine, and it's not that noticeable either when they pull an engine on you. I've flown other twins that took a lot of leg strength to get on the rudder, but the Commander was really easy. So, if you're looking to get on with a freight company that has new(er) planes...have fun with your search! They're out there, but are few and far between.

As far as the bases go, well, you won't even know where you're going until the day you pass your checkride (most likely). Be flexible and willing to go where the runs are. The pay is low, but if it's twin PIC you want don't count them out.

Wrenchnfly said:
most pilots do not make the 2,000-2,300 that they advertise

I did, actually a little more than that, and I lived in a 2 bedroom house.

Do it. The company's been around a long time, and JT knows lots of people who can help you move on when you've met your contract obligation.

They helped with my ATP - let me use one of their airplanes - and gave me a job referral at NJA.

Happy New Year.

Hey NoPax, good to see ya around still. How's everything goin' for ya?

I second what NoPax said about JT...he's a good guy. Don't cut corners or do stupid stuff and you won't have a problem with him.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back