• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Central Air down near KC

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Central Air got recent FAA approval to install Garmin 396's. The planes already have Garmin 150's. 411JT had the 396 installed. I'm sure the NTSB used the track feature on the 396 to get the flight path data.

I apologize, didn't mean to try and discount the lives lost. Sorry, never worked there, but a friend who did his time there told me that they were pretty lousy. We grew up there and it was a long time ago when he flew there.

Didn't mean to affend any "professionals."

Sad to see more pilots die in planes.

PtP

Didn't mean to affend any "professionals."

Then you type that?

The Garmin 150 did exactly what it was supposed to do. Get you from point A to point B. It's not an IFR GPS so don't shoot an approach with it, but most places CASW flew when I worked there had an ILS. If your friend was expecting more from that "lousy" GPS then maybe he's to blame? How many other freight companies put at least a VFR GPS in for their guys? Sure beats flying Airways.

Last edited:
The passing of Murray Brown and his trainee comes as a complete shock to me.

I too flew for CASW flying through northern MI based in YIP in the middle of winter. Murray was a voice of reason within the company. Always cool, calm and collected. Nothing got him excited. If I told him that I needed to delay the flight due to wx etc., he never doubted my decission. He always backed up the flightcrews and never took the side of the sometimes unreasonable and pushy customers. A rarity in the world of scheduled and on-demand Pt. 135 flying.

I whish the families & friends of Murray & that of the unknown trainee and the CASW employees all the best during this difficult time.

Both of you guy's will be missed. RIP.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back