• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Censored from the ALPA web boards

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
EVERY SINGLE THREAD on this forum eventually gets hijacked by the East/West crybabies.

Get your own b!tch board. leave us alone.

In all the SEC documents AWA is listed as the acquiring carrier. This is a fact. Also a fact is that the money to finance the aquisition came from outside investors. The relevence of all this: ZERO! (Hint: Nicolau didn't care either.)

well said- i'm not trying to flame. i dont really care about the integration- i care that usair lost an opportunity to increase their bottom of the barrell wages and work rules and chose not to. That's a pretty big transgression in today's environment in my book. you've really hurt the industry with this fight.

Shoulda known we could count on Rez and PCL, ALPA's two biggest cheerleaders to defend this egregious act of censorship.

You do understand that USAPA is attempting to decertify ALPA as the bargaining agent for US Airways pilots, right?

And you do understand that the ALPA webboards, just like this one, have rules that apply to what can, and can't, be posted, right?

Pretty sure that any post that promotes the decertification of ALPA would violate the rules you agree to when you log on to that board.

Pretty sure that any post that promotes the decertification of ALPA would violate the rules you agree to when you log on to that board.

If ALPA is sure it's the answer to the problem (as it claims to be), then why not have an open discussion about the issues, rather than trying to control what its members are discussing?

Makes one wonder what ALPA is trying to hide.

So IF this information is true.....should ALPA censor it?

They have the right to....but is it in the best interest of some of it's members?

What if this information is beneficial to some of it's members? Does ALPA sacrifice minority members of it's organization in order to protect the organization? Is that the right thing to do?

Rez? PCL?

I agree. Unfortunately, many MECs have a strict policy about not allowing the union leadership to post on their message boards, so that might have been an issue with posting a rebuttal. I've always been against said policies, but I seem to be in the minority.

I agree 100% with you on this PCL....I never agreed with that policy....

Politicians don't like having to put thoughts down in writing to the masses....makes them accountable for their positions....Much easier to play to both sides of the aisle when you don't put things down in writing.....

Captain: "You want answers?"

Chief Pilot: "I think we are entitled"

Captain: "You want answers?!"

Chief Pilot: "I want the truth!"

Captain: "You can't handle the truth!!!"

Captain (continuing): "We live in a world that requires revenue.
That revenue must be flown by people with elite skills. Who's going
to do it? You, Mr CEO? You Mr. Finance? You, Ms. Human Resources? We
have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You
scoff at the Line Pilots and you curse our mediocre incentives. You
have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what we know.
And my very existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you,
drives REVENUE! You don't want to know the truth because deep down
in places you don't talk about at staff meetings, you want me in
that airplane. You NEED me in that airplane!!

We use words like working radar, bad weather, on time departures,
airworthiness, upgrades, commuting, another round, medium-rare, on-
the-rocks, Cohiba. We use these words as the backbone of all
Professional Aviation. You use them as a punch line!

I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to
people who rise and sleep under the very blanket of service I
provide and then question the manner in which I provide it. I would
rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I
suggest you pick up a flight bag. Either way, I don't give a damn
what you think you're entitled to!"

Chief Pilot: "Did you expense the lap dancers?"

Captain: "I did the job I was hired to do."

Chief Pilot: "Did you expense the lap dancers?!"

Captain: "You're goddanm right I did!

It is well documented that ALPA squelches any viewpoint it finds objectionable, or otherwise in competition to the goals of its leaders. Whether it's censorship on the message boards, or local reps engaging in a smear campaign on dissenters (as we see here at ASA), ALPA punishes anyone who publicly speaks against its agenda.

That happens here....say it ain't so....

I agree with you, but how can you type this and than not be surprised when people say no to ALPA....
Is this really the organization we want to speak for us when it does what you just described?

Latest resources

Back