• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CE680 question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Say what you like but there are not many aircraft you can take off on a less than 4000 thousand foot runway and fly six or more hours. I think the aircraft hits it's sweet spot at 400 and 410

All true. And be able to carry 1000lbs of bags with you. The aircraft has a very specific mission and does it well. The CL30 will do the same, do it faster, and with a better ride. Of course the 300 comes at a higher price point and then there was the whole pissing match we were in preventing us from buying the best aircraft for the fleet.

A lot of Cessna's shortcomings can be forgiven when looked at individually but become deplorable as a whole. But then again that is Cessna's nitch. They build the cheapest jets possible and to hits those price points compromises must be made.

A general observation that I have made is that I have yet to meet someone coming out of other Cessna equipment that didn't like the Sovereign. On the other hand, I have met very few coming out of other manufacturers who do like the airplane.

Just my observations, your mileage may vary.

Downwind said:
and then there was the whole pissing match we were in preventing us from buying the best aircraft for the fleet.

Kinda like why NJA has 400XPs instead of CJ3s?

A general observation that I have made is that I have yet to meet someone coming out of other Cessna equipment that didn't like the Sovereign. On the other hand, I have met very few coming out of other manufacturers who do like the airplane.

As a Citation operator, that jives with my experiences as well.

Say what you like but there are not many aircraft you can take off on a less than 4000 thousand foot runway and fly six or more hours. I think the aircraft hits it's sweet spot at 400 and 410
Good thing there are not that many 4,000 foot runways. Take this infrequent limitation away and the plane is a pig in all other respects.

Love the Sovereign

What other airplanes can leave Telluride in the summer at 72F, and take 5 pax with baggs non-stop to Sarasota, FL and make a 2.3% SE climb to account for the upslope runway (that their fixing)?

buehler?

buehler?

I have flown Lears, Hawkers (lol), King Airs, Baron's, a Navajo, and a Cessna 150. Nothing... nothing comes close to the Sovereign.

Oh and that Lear handling... Point the nose where you want the airplane to be in 3 seconds and push the power up. I wouldn't call it handling, I called it hangin on for dear life!

Two drawbacks that are far overcome by every positive...

1. straight wing does make a "bumpy" ride

2. Honeywell

Latest resources

Back