CE-550 Bravo

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

OldTomcat

I'm relatively new to the BizJet world--- what is a Citation "B?" Numbers look sorta like a CE-550 II-- ? I may have opportunity to get rt. seat time, Part 135 check in it, and spend some time riding with owner/pilot til he gets comfortable. I understand it was designed to be single piloted. Anyone flown it? I'm assuming it is relatively docile and the other 550 discussions in this group are germane--?

Thanks!

The Citation Bravo is just a fancy name for an upgraded Citation II.

It has new avionics, upgraded engines and trailing link gear....

Hope this helps...

The Bravo is a great LITTLE jet. It has a lot of bigger jet features but is very easy to fly. It's a big leap forward from the II.

Hog

ps What VF/VFA squadrons were you in?

hogdriver00 said:
The Bravo is a great LITTLE jet. It has a lot of bigger jet features but is very easy to fly. It's a big leap forward from the II.

I'm curious what the big leap is between the II and the Bravo...can you expand please?

Thanks,
JetPilot500

Glass vice steam gauges.
Flys at FL450. Most II can't make FL390.
FMS.
Longer range and better fuel numbers.

Nothing major just a much better product.

In addition the PW engine has counter rotating shafts which makes the engines run smoother & quieter. You often haev toi lok atteh tapes just to see if it is really running and just that quiet - it is. Yes, it is also more fuel efficient.

Computer controlled preurization. Set it to destination field elevation & forget it.

Trailing link landing gear. Finally you can make smooth landing, insted of "carrier" type arrivals. Makes the folks in back think your ace of the base.

Meggitt (usually) back up flight display. Takes a small CRT and displays all your info on it, kind of cool, but needs a rheostat to turn down the brightness at night.

AOA built right in on the speed tape. You no longer have to look at different places for your AOA and airspeed.

You will enjoy it.

The Bravo is a very well refined II. It has the Honeywell Primus 1000, 3 tube EFIS, a universal or GNS-XLS FMS, and P&W 530A Fans on the back end. The little gal climbs like a plane twice her size down low (below 15,000) and does all tight right to the low 40's at gros wieght, provided the temp isnt too high. The autopilot is very user friendly and very smooth, and the airvraft on a whole is simple and very practical.

Have Fun............it aint no F-14, but it sure can be fun!

Latest resources

Back