Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SkyNation

U.S. American
hearing Lakes is losing pilots like crazy and cancelling tons of flights. true?

just heard the same... an article said they were gonna sue the FAA because they feel they are being personally attacked... true or not i don't know...

just heard the same... an article said they were gonna sue the FAA because they feel they are being personally attacked... true or not i don't know...

I doubt that case will get very far. Especially when you look at their pay scales for pilots.

i was a proud recipient of that payscale... ha! great group of pilots, fun flying, crazy training (b/c they hired us with 500hrs) but ******************** pay and work rules....
wouldn't trade that experience for anything... meow!

Is it time to send portions of the industry BACK to the realm of 135 flying to supply the needed pilots into the majors for the pilot shortage?

Talked with a Laker on the JS last night. He said they are trying to split the flying by adding 135. That way they'll get around the 121 mins.

I think he said they were down to 130ish pilots. Yikes. Lot's of CA-CA flying.

I know they are losing a lot of EAS contracts to SkyWest due to staffing cancellations. MOB, VAL, PUB, HYS, JMS and DVL to name a few.

It's been said that Lakes is the cockroach of the industry (i.e. would survive a nuclear bomb), but 117 might just be their undoing. I can't imagine anyone with 1500 hours would choose to work there as an FO with so many others hiring.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back