CCair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ALPA

ALPA was voted in to represent the pilots at xxx airline. That is what they are supposed to do. They are not in at xxxx airline to be there for the good of all pilots, all airline pilots, etc.. .

This theory has always had problems because of the obvious. Can you represent Delta and Comair equally well.

The answer is always, no you cannot. He who pays the most dues wins.

DW is not going to lose his job over yours.

JO certainly can do what we wants with his money and his airlines. The example given above about Lorenzo and Contintental in a way is perfect. Which one is still here, Eastern or Continental. The Eastern pilots found themselves in the coss fire of union interests that were everything but theirs.

Anyone on here claiming that ALPA has nothing but their good at heart and that it treats all member pilots equally.

CCAir pilots should vote their opinions and if DW wants to reject it, then ALPA is no longer serving their fudiciary interest.

Publisher:

The example given above about Lorenzo and Contintental in a way is perfect. Which one is still here, Eastern or Continental. The Eastern pilots found themselves in the coss fire of union interests that were everything but theirs.

Your analysis of the EAL strike is one of the dumbest I've ever seen. Did you fly for Eastern at that time, because I'd really like to know how you are certain that the pilots at Eastern were not so beaten down by Lorenzo that they didn't need to honor the IAM? Truth be told, Eastern was done for regardless of the strike (see Frank Borman) and the scabs at CAL are not to be credited for saving either the airline or their job. Read up a little bit before you make simple minded comments about an time period that ruined alot of good people's lives. :rolleyes:

Well, you guys win, the TA at CCAir was voted down by 3 votes! (a two vote swing) Anyone out there know who is hiring b/c I am going to be on the street in a week or so? Thanks ALPA National!! Great job. Another 142 pilots looking for jobs. -Bean

I'm glad to see these folks stood up for themselves, and the rest of the regional airline industry as well. Watch out Ornstein/Lorenzo, you can't make everyone work for pennies.

I hope someone similar to Exec Jet does what they did for the Midway folks(gave a lot of them jobs), to CCAir!

Mr. Bean....don't be so down it worked out as it should have.It amazes me that so many voted for ,thank god it wasen't enough.

We sent a message to J.O. that pilots will not work under any conditions.....now hopefully we can move toward a more workable contract.

You will not be out of work, I've seen harder times than this at this company.Believe me J.O. has alot more to loose than you do if he shuts it down.When things get better down the road ......and they will ,I hope you and others like you will have learned a valiable lesson .

nimtz

Nimtz,

Obviously in these messages, one must shorten the verbage. I have always placed the blame on Frank Borman. I felt he was a weak manager and did not take the steps he needed to much earlier.

The point here was that Lorenzo could and did move the assets and the one that survived was CAL. For my money, Frank L got somewhat of bad deal here in that his intention was to save a very bad situation. He as much as anyone was surprised by the attitude and positions taken by some.

That combined with the IAM leadership making it so personal was the end of Eastern. It ruined many lives and trust me I know a bunch of them. I stand by what I said.

I also stand by the point that a union is there to represent only the people at that particular company and not to defend on a class basis for the better of all or some other cause.

Latest resources

Back