• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CBP Facility to be Opened in Abu Dhabi

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
General, you do realize that a good number of us live here (DXB), right?

Yes, I've seen the video and yes I'm very familiar with the two cases. And again, I'll tell you this, I see more tight skirts, G-strings and hot looking women here than I ever did living in Hawaii or even SoCal. I happen to live in a tower right by the most popular beach in Dubai - it's literally downstairs and I can see it from my terrace. Let's just say that you don't know a quarter of what goes on in Dubai.

EK is a friggin' f$&kfest! So many single girls in their 20's and 30's and want to get hitched... and preferably to someone with a western passport. Pat for the course, man.

Don't read too much into stuff you read. The laws are indeed there, but they're about as enforced as sodomy laws in the South.

Sounds great for married expats bringing their families over, right? A Fu$$fest? Really? What do the families think back in "the Villa?" Sounds fun if you are a 32 year old single 777 Capt for EK! It's awesome you know a guy just like that! That would be extremely frustrating if you were married and actually loved your wife and wanted to keep her and the two kids..... Sounds like torture.
How many guys go over to Sandpit married, and then come home single? Is that counted in the monetary package?

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
Sounds great for married expats bringing their families over, right? A Fu$$fest? Really? What do the families think back in "the Villa?" Sounds fun if you are a 32 year old single 777 Capt for EK! It's awesome you know a guy just like that! That would be extremely frustrating if you were married and actually loved your wife and wanted to keep her and the two kids..... Sounds like torture.
How many guys go over to Sandpit married, and then come home single? Is that counted in the monetary package?

Bye Bye---General Lee

Actually, I'm a married guy with my family here. Wife doesn't want to go back to the US, but then again she's former military too. We have a fun life here... beach activities, sampling fine dining at various upscale restaurants, going to beach clubs at the nearby 5-star resorts (free with EPC membership), haven't gone 4-wheeling in the desert this spring, but it's an activity we like to do as well during the season which runs about 8 months of the year.

In the offseason (summer), we travel during my days off. This summer, my family will go vacation in the US.

My friend that you're referring to is actually happily married and arrived here like that. They just had a baby. Prior to having a baby, they used to go on various cruises a few times a year and go visit family back in the US.

Bottom line General, you can find happiness or you can choose to be miserable pretty much wherever you are - Atlanta, NY, LAX or Dubai, but things in Dubai - all things considered, aren't too bad at all. This ain't Riyadh - might as well be on another planet even though its in the same region. Not to say I don't have bad days here, but had them in SoCal and Hawaii just the same... I do however make a lot more money here and get to do way more than I ever did back home...

No use in arguing with GL.

He knows our wives & lives are unhappy because he reads pprune & talked to an EK pilot in DUS.

He does the same with every other airline on the boards (even the regionals)

So back to to the facts.

What is the hire date of the most jnr 777 Capt at DAL who does NOT have a RSV roster.

Just the answer - I'm not making any judgements. Just want to know thanks.

fv

Taking what's written on PPrune as a good indication of what life is at any company or country/city, is as stupid as taking tax advice from a pilot.

No use in arguing with GL.

He knows our wives & lives are unhappy because he reads pprune & talked to an EK pilot in DUS.

He does the same with every other airline on the boards (even the regionals)

So back to to the facts.

What is the hire date of the most jnr 777 Capt at DAL who does NOT have a RSV roster.

Just the answer - I'm not making any judgements. Just want to know thanks.

fv

Here you go again, comparing planes. What is the junior Capt on a DL 777 and not a reserve? Maybe 25 years with the company? ( the company has 18 777s and 16 744s?) That would be close. The 737-800 Capt at DL with 21 years probably has a better lifestyle, lives at HOME, and enjoys his job in a stress free environment (no threat of sudden termination). Comparing your planes without adding the SPF 200 sunscreen and DXB traffic means little. Overall, you are way over there near Iran, and I am not, vacationing in Southern Florida as we speak. I don't have to worry about breaking "PDA" laws, and huge retirement numbers at all of the US Legacies will help progression, all the way up to that 777 Capt slot, but enjoying it all the way without Lahore all night turns. You can have that.

Bye Bye---General Lee

I'm guessing that someone with the time and obsession to make over 17,000 posts doesn't have to worry about "breaking PDA laws" if you catch my drift.....your laptop screen doesn't count.

Smooch Smooch---Sgt. Hartman

I'm guessing that someone with the time and obsession to make over 17,000 posts doesn't have to worry about "breaking PDA laws" if you catch my drift.....your laptop screen doesn't count.

Smooch Smooch---Sgt. Hartman

Hahaha. When you can't debate, you go after the post numbers. Classic. Hey Sarge, I don't think you will ever have even one post with meaning or something of value. Nope, not even one you meat head.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Taking what's written on PPrune as a good indication of what life is at any company or country/city, is as stupid as taking tax advice from a pilot.

Uhhhhh, not really. It shows what disgruntled, unhappy pilots feel about the mistake they just made flying for that particular airline, something all perspective recruits should read. Are you going to trust the Contractor companies that place you with the Foreign airlines? They are in this business to make money. Are you going to trust the airline website? How about road shows? Who exactly does those FOR the companies? You trust them?

Wow Dumb Pilot, your screen name may fit....

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
Uhhhhh, not really. It shows what disgruntled, unhappy pilots feel about the mistake they just made flying for that particular airline, something all perspective recruits should read. Are you going to trust the Contractor companies that place you with the Foreign airlines? They are in this business to make money. Are you going to trust the airline website? How about road shows? Who exactly does those FOR the companies? You trust them?

Wow Dumb Pilot, your screen name may fit....

Bye Bye---General Lee

I rest my case!

...and huge retirement numbers at all of the US Legacies will help progression, all the way up to that 777 Capt slot...

I've been waiting for those huge retirement numbers since 1999. They've been right around the corner the whole time.

Latest resources

Back