• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CBP Facility to be Opened in Abu Dhabi

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not a reputable airline FO in the M/east that gets paid what DAL lets their regionals pay there FOs.

Talk about worker exploitation - Comair, Mesa, ASA etc. all Deltas passengers. Our Cabin Crew get paid more than a starting Connection pilot.

Disgraceful.

fv

How about Fly Dubai? How are they handled? I think they are YOUR regional, and their terms are not even CLOSE to yours. Talk about Disgraceful. Have you seen where they get to fly and what their schedules are? Do you want to see, I can provide a great link to PPRUNE so you can educate yourself. And, quit choking on sand while you're at it.

Bye Bye---General Lee

How about Fly Dubai? How are they handled? I think they are YOUR regional, and their terms are not even CLOSE to yours. Talk about Disgraceful. Have you seen where they get to fly and what their schedules are? Do you want to see, I can provide a great link to PPRUNE so you can educate yourself. And, quit choking on sand while you're at it.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Hey General,

do me a favor please and post that link.

Thanks,

3 3 5

From flydubai's website see below:

Starting salary of 1st year FO $10,704 per month six weeks paid vacation, education assistance.

Of you're $128,455.28 1st year salary - you owe tax on only the last $35k, the first $95 is tax free. It's essentially a starting salary of $160,000 first year pay.

What you need to take into account is the speed within which you will get command at FZ & EK. For instance if you joined EK now you would be a Capt in the 380/777/350 before you would be off RSV as an FO on a 767 at a popular Delta hub.

A complete EK Capt package is in the region of $300k +/- depending on your housing choice. No RSV (we all do 35days every ten months) BUT more importantly - we all get paid the same no matter what Jet you fly - our customers are not worth less because they are on an A330 over an A380 - A Delta customer may not even get on a mainline on a multi leg journey - do they realize what their pilots are getting paid (can you say food stamps - happens all the time at the regionals)

I know a lot of furloughed guys who are hear now in the LHS - not one is going back that I have heard of.

The global beer tour continues ; >

It's not for everyone but with the numbers above a viable option.

Regional carriers operate over 50% of domestic US flights. Any of the Connection carriers start their FOs on the above - no way - maybe 15% of what it starts at over here.

I talked to a guy from Michigan, met him at a bar in Dubai - Capt for AirArabia He upgraded aft two years and makes $16,800 per month - came from a US regional. Go figure.

So GL- when you talk of exploiting cheap labor - I presume you are talking about the US regional carriers. Over 50% of domestic US flying is done by the regional airlines - of which DAL happily exploits. As I said above -disgraceful.

Stones in glass houses yet again. Your FZ package knowledge is almost as good as your EK route knowledge (can you say - DXB.MXP.JFK)

From FlyDubai website:

"First officers - approximately AED 39,500 per month (tax free).
As a valued member of the flydubai team you?ll also receive the following benefits:
private medical and dental insurance for you and subsidised cover for your spouse and up to 3 children
personal accident/life insurance covering up to 24 months of your basic salary
loss of licence insurance for up to 24 months of your basic salary
42 days annual leave
free airline tickets for you, your spouse and up to 3 children to your annual leave destination
end of service benefits in line with UAE labour law
financial support for your children?s education for a maximum of three children aged between 4 and 18 years in full-time education
Bond - Pilots already rated on our aircraft will be subject to a non-contributory training bond of USD 24,000 which will depreciate in equal amounts over a period of 36 months, and non-rated pilots will be subject to a non-contributory training bond of USD 36,000 depreciating in equal amounts over a period of 36 months
Apply to be a flydubai pilot"

Last edited:
NY Times reporting of massive arms deal with Israel,Saudi & UAE - culminating from a year of negotiations.

26 F-16s to UAE alone worth without munitions - $5bn

Great for US jobs...

fv

Bye Bye---General Lee

Say what? Who has cheap SKILLED labor?

From APC....I will give DAL the benefit of the doubt with an 80 hour reserve monthly guarantee for the first year.

$66/hr x 80 = $5280 DAL the first 12 months subtract tax at 12%($630)=$4700 base pay/month for the first year

In 7-8 years as a 747 FO DAL base pay FINALLY catches up to fly Dubai's
OR
NEVER on anything less than a 767-300 as First Officer

DELTA:
$4700 per month the first year

FLY DUBAI:
$10704 tax free per month the first year

NY Times reporting of massive arms deal with Israel,Saudi & UAE - culminating from a year of negotiations.

26 F-16s to UAE alone worth without munitions - $5bn

Great for US jobs...

fv

Great for jobs, even better for fighting an impending war of a certain Persian country with heavy nuclear ambitions. Don't confuse political with strategic moves.

Bye Bye---General Lee

HAHAHAHA, now that has to be the most low information post from Delta guy..ever

HAHAHAHA, now that has to be the most low information post from Delta guy..ever

What? You really only read the FlyDubai website? No personal accounts? Oh, that's right, you don't hang out with "them...."

Here is an account for Fly Dubai from someone on PPRUNE:

Think twice
Think twice before signing a 3 year bond with FZ. I would never have done this looking back.
The roster is absolutely crap causing extrem fatigue still being disregarded by the company. No one cares about the crew as long as the flight departs on time day or night.
You fly to destinations that are high risk carrying military personnel and weapons.
You will be blocked for 3 years for EK and now FZ have requested a permanent ban for both EK and EY. This has unofficially been approved so forget joining EK or EY after joining FZ, you will be stuck.
Very bad atmosphere in FZ due all the disapointed employees and most crew are looking for other jobs.
Sadly nothing is being done by management......

You have been warned....

And another portion of the same thread from a different pilot about living in Dubai:

Living life well and modestly in DXB is harder than I thought and a recent report in the press here said 70% of ex-pat workers find it difficult or impossible to send money home. I've been here 3yrs and only in the last few months have I been able to save anything.

A modest 3 bed townhouse villa in an expat community will cost you about $40,000 to rent per year. Food costs are 20-30% more than I was paying back home. I know the package looks like king's ransom compared to the regionals, but you will burn through it at an alarming rate. Most people need about $10-15000 just to set themselves up over here, paying deposits, buying cars, furniture, paying the UAE government for an almost endless number of pieces of paper

What's funny SugarSugar is that you and Fareview can't find anything other than the "official" website offerrings from that airline. Of course it will be rosy, according to them, they want new employees. And, the pay does seem ok, but according to most, you don't have the same benefits at that airline as YOURS, so that higher pay doesn't go as far when you don't get the same thinks EK offers, right? AM I RIGHT?

You guys in the Sandpit can enjoy it, but as US Majors start recalls, many of those expats will be tempted to leave and find some NORMALCY. If you want to stay over there and live in that atmosphere that isn't even close to ours over here, then SOBEIT.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
Say what? Who has cheap SKILLED labor?

From APC....I will give DAL the benefit of the doubt with an 80 hour reserve monthly guarantee for the first year.

$66/hr x 80 = $5280 DAL the first 12 months subtract tax at 12%($630)=$4700 base pay/month for the first year

In 7-8 years as a 747 FO DAL base pay FINALLY catches up to fly Dubai's
OR
NEVER on anything less than a 767-300 as First Officer

DELTA:
$4700 per month the first year

FLY DUBAI:
$10704 tax free per month the first year

From PPRUNE:

Living life well and modestly in DXB is harder than I thought and a recent report in the press here said 70% of ex-pat workers find it difficult or impossible to send money home. I've been here 3yrs and only in the last few months have I been able to save anything.

A modest 3 bed townhouse villa in an expat community will cost you about $40,000 to rent per year. Food costs are 20-30% more than I was paying back home. I know the package looks like king's ransom compared to the regionals, but you will burn through it at an alarming rate. Most people need about $10-15000 just to set themselves up over here, paying deposits, buying cars, furniture, paying the UAE government for an almost endless number of pieces of paper

Hey Varmit,

Did you forget about setting yourself up in DXB vs a hub in the US after being hired by a Major? You seemed to have forgotten a lot. And, you can't openly kiss your girlfriend on the street over there. How much is that worth to you?

Bye Bye---General Lee

Latest resources

Back