• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CBP Facility to be Opened in Abu Dhabi

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Listen jnr remind me quickly before I my chauffeur takes my bags from my five bed villa to the limo...

..How long has the most jnr capt on the 777 been at DAL..

fv

Thanks CAPT, I don't care if you are a 777 Capt. Air Angola has 777-300s too, but I wouldn't take that job EVER. Do you know why a Chauffeur has to pick you up? Traffic in DXB would kill you, no rules over there. And how is that compound of yours? Are you an Emirate'? Are you from there originally? Are they favored there? How does that make you feel? I have a huge house here in ATL, I can drive safely to work in my nice car, and play golf on the weekends in comfortable weather. You can't! You lose!

Your Captainship defines you, yet you will NEVER be a true citizen there, and you know it. I can hold Capt now, but I am waiting for the plane I want, and will always feel at HOME here. As the EK 777 Capt told me in DUS, "never leave your US Major job." Jealous? You will be. Contact Tehran Approach. Bye Angolan 777 Capt loser! (Whatever!). Tip your chauffeur while you're at it Capt (especially if he is a local, he will get your job eventually). Hahaha. :)

Bye Bye---General Lee

Thanks CAPT, I don't care if you are a 777 Capt. Air Angola has 777-300s too, but I wouldn't take that job EVER. Do you know why a Chauffeur has to pick you up? Traffic in DXB would kill you, no rules over there. And how is that compound of yours? Are you an Emirate'? Are you from there originally? Are they favored there? How does that make you feel? I have a huge house here in ATL, I can drive safely to work in my nice car, and play golf on the weekends in comfortable weather. You can't! You lose!

Your Captainship defines you, yet you will NEVER be a true citizen there, and you know it. I can hold Capt now, but I am waiting for the plane I want, and will always feel at HOME here. As the EK 777 Capt told me in DUS, "never leave your US Major job." Jealous? You will be. Contact Tehran Approach. Bye Angolan 777 Capt loser! (Whatever!). Tip your chauffeur while you're at it Capt (especially if he is a local, he will get your job eventually). Hahaha. :)

Bye Bye---General Lee

OH! He got under your skin there Jenny!:laugh:

OH! He got under your skin there Jenny!:laugh:

Under my skin? Because he has someone drive him to work to ENSURE he makes it there due to bad traffic? Nah, guys like him make me laugh. Expats are really NEVER wanted in those countries by the other employees, and are never really treated the same. It's tough to be an "outsider" in a different country, and you probably know that yourself. Guys like Fairview and SugarSugar probably have unhappy spouses, restrictions on everyday normalcy that we have in the States, and only really have their "Capt wings." What do I have? Family nearby, a car with normal traffic to work, a nice house with nice neighbors that say hi, etc. I get to fly to Europe once a week, and I have things in common with my crew members. That's not getting under my Skin Dumbpilot, that's reminding me why I enjoy what I do and where I do it.

Bye Bye---General Lee

You're laughing? Do you laugh a lot while putting on SPF 150 sunscreen? Sure you do. No, no I don't go to Dubai to ask people about it. PPRUNE has plenty of testimonials, about EK too. Why are you on FI? Shouldn't you be doing an intra ME flight to Beirut? Enjoy that, I won't be doing that. Remember I did talk to an Ex Delta pilot who is now a 777 Capt for you guys on a layover in DUS and when he thought I was asking about opportunities at EK told me "you're at a US legacy, never leave." I told him I wasn't planning on it, and he said he had wished he hadn't resigned from DL after 9-11. So, there you have it. Enjoy the Sandpit, Tehran, and all the other hot spots out there, I won't be. Bye!

Bye Bye---General Lee

still laughing, u have no clue

NO one here has claimed that Emirates is a better job than Delta, they just correct the false information you post...still, when proven dead wrong, you revert back to "Delta is better than you"

Under my skin? Because he has someone drive him to work to ENSURE he makes it there due to bad traffic? Nah, guys like him make me laugh. Expats are really NEVER wanted in those countries by the other employees, and are never really treated the same. It's tough to be an "outsider" in a different country, and you probably know that yourself. Guys like Fairview and SugarSugar probably have unhappy spouses, restrictions on everyday normalcy that we have in the States, and only really have their "Capt wings." What do I have? Family nearby, a car with normal traffic to work, a nice house with nice neighbors that say hi, etc. I get to fly to Europe once a week, and I have things in common with my crew members. That's not getting under my Skin Dumbpilot, that's reminding me why I enjoy what I do and where I do it.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Riiiiiight!:rolleyes:

Actually you lost me when you said living in Atlanta was better than a compound in Dubai.

Actually you lost me when you said living in Atlanta was better than a compound in Dubai.

All of ATL is bad? No. And, you can kiss a girlfriend in public without fear of jail in Atlanta. Amazing!

Bye Bye---General Lee

still laughing, u have no clue

NO one here has claimed that Emirates is a better job than Delta, they just correct the false information you post...still, when proven dead wrong, you revert back to "Delta is better than you"

"Dead" wrong? Ummmmm no. FZ's package isn't even close, most of the flights are at night and into "interesting" cities, and a lot of people there appear to be unhappy. They recently took over a lot of your intra Gulf flying to places like Kuwait and Bahrain. Therefore, they are your cheaper labor, your "Regional." Keep your head in the sand (literally and figuratively) and dismiss that. Oh well, I still win, I am happy flying at HOME while you are doing an allnight turn to Lahore or Kochi. Please try to "correct" any of that. You can't.

Oh yeah, Fairview stated his job was better because his "chauffeur" was picking him up...who cares btw? He needs one due to the terrible traffic in DXB, he forgot to mention that part....did you forget that one Sugarsugar? Don't give "false information" while you're at it. Looks like you did. Go read PPRUNE for some actual testimonials and then get back to me. Not everyone likes the Sandpit believe it or not, regardless of what you think. Bye Baghdad Bob!

Bye Bye---General Lee

What? You really only read the FlyDubai website? No personal accounts? Oh, that's right, you don't hang out with "them...."

Here is an account for Fly Dubai from someone on PPRUNE:

Think twice
Think twice before signing a 3 year bond with FZ. I would never have done this looking back.
The roster is absolutely crap causing extrem fatigue still being disregarded by the company. No one cares about the crew as long as the flight departs on time day or night.
You fly to destinations that are high risk carrying military personnel and weapons.
You will be blocked for 3 years for EK and now FZ have requested a permanent ban for both EK and EY. This has unofficially been approved so forget joining EK or EY after joining FZ, you will be stuck.
Very bad atmosphere in FZ due all the disapointed employees and most crew are looking for other jobs.
Sadly nothing is being done by management......

You have been warned....

And another portion of the same thread from a different pilot about living in Dubai:

Living life well and modestly in DXB is harder than I thought and a recent report in the press here said 70% of ex-pat workers find it difficult or impossible to send money home. I've been here 3yrs and only in the last few months have I been able to save anything.

A modest 3 bed townhouse villa in an expat community will cost you about $40,000 to rent per year. Food costs are 20-30% more than I was paying back home. I know the package looks like king's ransom compared to the regionals, but you will burn through it at an alarming rate. Most people need about $10-15000 just to set themselves up over here, paying deposits, buying cars, furniture, paying the UAE government for an almost endless number of pieces of paper

What's funny SugarSugar is that you and Fareview can't find anything other than the "official" website offerrings from that airline. Of course it will be rosy, according to them, they want new employees. And, the pay does seem ok, but according to most, you don't have the same benefits at that airline as YOURS, so that higher pay doesn't go as far when you don't get the same thinks EK offers, right? AM I RIGHT?

You guys in the Sandpit can enjoy it, but as US Majors start recalls, many of those expats will be tempted to leave and find some NORMALCY. If you want to stay over there and live in that atmosphere that isn't even close to ours over here, then SOBEIT.

Bye Bye---General Lee

General,

You really have to take Pprune with a grain of salt. It's like Flightinfo on steroids mixed with a roofie. 99% will say they got screwed no matter what.

Latest resources

Back