• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Cathy Pacific questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks a ton capt. U. It's refreshing to get some answers without the post turning into a slaying match.

Cheers,

V

Hi!

Heard on other threads CX probably open up the hiring process soon, like many other carriers. Demand has picked up and is strong in Asia.

I know a Cathay guy. He said it was a horrible airline. I know another guy in the pool, who says, for him, it is THE best aviation job in the world. I also know a Cathay guy who lived in Hong Kong. He said it was the best years of his life, and he LOVED HK!

cliff
LFW
PS-I will update my application, and would enjoy the job there.

Swire, Haeco Halted on Transaction Statements; Cathay Suspended

Share Business ExchangeTwitterFacebook| Email | Print | A A A

By Wendy Leung and Kyunghee Park

June 7 (Bloomberg) -- Swire Pacific Ltd. and affiliate Hong Kong Aircraft Engineering Co. halted their shares from trading in the city pending statements related to takeovers and mergers.
Cathay Pacific Airways Ltd., an affiliate of Swire and Haeco, also suspended its stock ahead of a “price sensitive” announcement. The Hong Kong-based companies gave no further details in their stock exchange statements today and didn’t say whether the suspensions were related.
Cathay Pacific in September agreed to sell a HK$1.9 billion ($244 million) stake in Haeco to Swire, its largest shareholder, boosting cash holdings amid plunging travel demand. The airline still has a 15 percent stake in Haeco, Hong Kong’s largest airplane maintenance provider, while Swire owns 46 percent, according to data compiled by Bloomberg.
“There is a possibility that the remaining shares may be sold,” said Kelvin Lau, a Hong Kong-based analyst at Daiwa Institute of Research. “Swire may want Cathay to focus more on the airline business.”
Swire owns 42 percent of Cathay Pacific, Hong Kong’s largest airline.
Cindy Cheung, a spokeswoman for Swire, and Carolyn Leung, a Cathay spokeswoman, declined to comment. A call to Haeco went unanswered.
Swire and Haeco both said they would make announcements “pursuant to the Hong Kong Code on Takeovers and Mergers.”
To contact the reporters on this story: Wendy Leung in Hong Kong at [email protected]; Kyunghee Park in Hong Kong at [email protected]
Last Updated: June 6, 2010 22:20 EDT

milflyboy

FYI we have about 300 S/O's (second officers) who been designated eaters for three, sometimes four years now. They already have CX in court for breach of contract issues regarding pay and benefits resulting from the last batch of DEFO hires. Word on the street is that the S/O's will win this one. Present estimates for DOJ as a S/O to command are...

26 years.

Yes, things do change, and rapidly.

Honestly (and I don't mean to burst your bubble) I don't think there will be any DEFO hiring soon. Here's why:

As the B747-800F's arrive, older BCF's will be withdrawn from service with a zero net fleet growth on the freighter side.

The B773ER's are still arriving, but it's no secret that the 5 X B772's are not a compatible fleet fit, and will go sooner rather than later. The A343's will go soon too. Mates (TRE/TRI's) leaving the B744 fleet returning to the AB fleet are not even being CCQ'd on the A343, and are flying the A333 exclusively.

Yes, CX is looking at a new ULH machine and RFP's are out. Best guess is a mix of A350 and B787 to replace older A333's - and we have a bunch of them. No A380's or B747-800I's. Yet.

I'm not sure if it's MILFlyboy or MILflyboy, but if you're military and nearing end of contract, I suggest you write to CX recruitment and establish max hiring age, or at the very least get your name in the system if you haven't already done so.

Best of luck.

I passed the interview in 2008, so they have my name ;o) Just swimming in the pool hoping for the best, but you are probably right :eek:(

Latest resources

Back