Cathay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

cr7driver

I have heard that Cathay hires US nationals. Do you have to have an ICAO ticket prior to applying or is that part of their training? Any info on Cathay would help.
Thx

FAA license is an ICAO approved license. Cathay will take care of all license conversions if required. The best source for Cathay Pacific info. is www.pprune.com Go to that website and look under the fragnant harbour forum. Good luck.

You have to take a few conversion exams once you get hired by the company, but you will be in Hong Kong then and in training for the airline. They prep you VERY well for these exams and are truly only a small PITA.

Bjammin said:
You have to take a few conversion exams once you get hired by the company, but you will be in Hong Kong then and in training for the airline. They prep you VERY well for these exams and are truly only a small PITA.

Do you guys only do ANC to Hong Kong, and ANC to the large US cities? Do you ever do any intra Asia cargo flying or Europe?

Bye Bye--General Lee

General Lee said:
Do you guys only do ANC to Hong Kong, and ANC to the large US cities? Do you ever do any intra Asia cargo flying or Europe?

Bye Bye--General Lee

Looks like the General is wisely looking for opportunities beyond DAL. Smart!

Spooky 1 said:
Looks like the General is wisely looking for opportunities beyond DAL. Smart!

Wrong. I have always wanted to know where those guys fly to. I have seen them up in ANC and other places we fly. Thanks for caring, though.

Bye Bye--General Lee

pdkaviator said:
Do you think their only lanes are HKG to U.S. ???? Do some research.

Who the heck are you? I know a lot more about them then you do. And, their main "lanes" (where the heck do you come up with that line?) are from Hong Kong to the US for the cargo birds. That is what we are talking about here, since the guy that was hired flies only the cargo 744s out of ANC. I was just asking him if he did anything else. The US based Cathay guys do mostly the US mainland to ANC and nonstop to HKG---and I was just asking if that was correct.

Try not to look like too much of an idiot now PDKaviator.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
Think again

cr7driver said:
I have heard that Cathay hires US nationals. Do you have to have an ICAO ticket prior to applying or is that part of their training? Any info on Cathay would help.
Thx

With your experience, you would have no trouble getting a frieght gig. Most of the rest of the world that are not test pilots are given a second officer positions in HK. I don't think that you would you would see the US for a long time.

Latest resources

Back