Cathay Pool

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

uspilot

With all the hiring stoped for N. America because they need to dry the pool, does anybody know how deep this pool is.

Hiring is back on! Starts in SFO in July.

Got this info from the pilot interviewer himself 2 days ago.

Sounds like it is for 1st interviews only? What about for those candidates whose 2nd interviews were cancelled? It is still good news that they are interviewing again.

I wonder how this will function into the equation?

Flight Operations this afternoon.

The unrelenting rise in the price of fuel continues to put pressure on our operation. We plan to continue the current pace of the training task on the B744 and B777 fleets, but we are already consolidating and rationalising flights where possible, particularly on the cargo side. As a result some crews are being under-utilised, and we recognize the frustration that this can cause.

Expressions of interest are invited from the following crew categories for unpaid leave, for the months of August and September:

B747F CN 16 slots
B747F FO 14 slots
B747F FE 14 slots
B744 FO (excl. Freighter FOs) 25 slots
B744 SO 10 slots

The following conditions apply:

Bids may be made for August, September, or both. Bids for both months will take precedence.

Bids for part months will not be entertained.

Allocation of successful bids will be at the discretion of the company, taking into account operational factors.

B744 FO bids will predominantly be from FOs based in HKG, though bids from based crew will be considered on their individual merits.

Crews will retain their entitlement to all allowance entitlements during the period of unpaid leave.

The company may further extend the period of the offer on a month by month basis.

Bids must be received by 1700 HKT 30 June. Applicants will be advised of their success or otherwise by 11 July.

We remain confident that the company is in good shape to weather the fuel crisis, and remain committed to taking delivery of all the aircraft currently on order. This invitation to apply for unpaid leave is not in any way a precursor to any form of redundancy, voluntary or otherwise, for any category of flight crew. In particular, the DFO would like to reassure our Flight Engineers that there is no change to the planned timetable for the retirement of the B747 Classic.

Phil W
General Manager Aircrew

"Oh no, I've been rumbled.....

Actually, it was just a spoof. Honest. No, really, it was, I made it all up. No, really. It's not true. Believe me. Lies and fabrication, every last bit. I 'fess up. I haven't compromised company secrets. Not this time, anyway.

To my bonus.

Lost Management"

Fogrunner and everyone else,

That Is A Bogus NTC in your post and the gold plated Twit that wrote it is qouted here off PPrune saying so. There are no unpaid leaves being offered as I also have yet to see this B.S. NTC in my CX Groupwise yet. So don't worry about redundancy or furlough and enjoy your summer and freedom from the travails of the US domestic airline industry and the fuel crisis if you work here.

My contribution to the common good.

Last edited:
"Oh no, I've been rumbled.....

Actually, it was just a spoof. Honest. No, really, it was, I made it all up. No, really. It's not true. Believe me. Lies and fabrication, every last bit. I 'fess up. I haven't compromised company secrets. Not this time, anyway.

To my bonus.

Lost Management"

Fogrunner and everyone else,

That Is A Bogus NTC in your post and the gold plated Twit that wrote it is qouted here off PPrune saying so. There are no unpaid leaves being offered as I also have yet to see this B.S. NTC in my CX Groupwise yet. So don't worry about redundancy or furlough and enjoy your summer and freedom from the travails of the US domestic airline industry and the fuel crisis if you work here.

My contribution to the common good.

My apologies for posting the thread on the NTC.

I don't understand people who post rubbish like this..

No problem. I was a concerned believer also. Just underscores the importance of verifying everything seemingly important that is posted on these boards.

Cheers.

Semi-ignorant question for Bjammin' or any other US-Based Cathay dude: Did you convert to ICAO ATPL prior to applying? I was looking at the requirements (cursory look really) on your website and it appears that they require an ICAO ATPL in order to apply. Is my regular old ATP good enough to apply?

How hard would it be to get based in ATL?

I think I'm competitive.
>5000TT
>3000 PIC A-320
>1200 PIC Navy Hornets/C-40 (737NG)
Current PIC in both A-320/737NG (obviously typed in both)
Extsv overwater/overseas with VR.

Been at JB over 6 years. We have some important milestones approaching with our in-house union drive (of which I am not affiliated - other than a YES vote) and from our management. Starting to look at other options.

Latest resources

Back