Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What were your co-workers stats?

I have seen three people already say they have been called for dates in
New York. Two in Jan, and one said in Feb. all three are one day after the other. They are on pprune asking about others. They were asked their hours as well and two have answered.

Hey Smitty-

Are you talking about class dates or interview dates?

If anybody out there has a class date for 05 speak up! Inquiring minds want to know ;)

FYI

Those not yet allocated a start date in 2005 will be on hold until (re) start dates for the "49'ers" (AOA members dismissed in 2001) - recently made an offer of re-employment as part of an out-of-court settlement - have been confirmed.

The offer is for CX Freighters, not mainline.

Cpt Underpants,

Could you elaborate at all on the case with the "49ers"? I checked the HKAOA website and did not find anything about their rememployment. How many of the 49, or 51, are coming back?

BY the way, I have been researching CX for a few weeks now and your posts in the past have been very informative. Personally, I am about 9 months away from applying. Any light you can shed on how the rehiring influences new pilot hiring would be much appreciated. Thanks.

CX Freighter Hiring 2005

Cannot explain too much here re the "49'ers" as it it still sub judice.

Will it impact on hiring? Yes, if you don't have a start date, it will. If you already have a start date, not at all. How much will impact? Depends on how many of the 49'ers take up the offer.

Time scale? July >.

Sorry I cannot offer more, but a long-sought-after deal is being hammered out now and it's more than a little sensitive, hence the lack of detail on the HKAOA site.

Latest resources

Back