Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Flat-tire

Just a quick one.

I am starting on the 777 as a DESO here shortly. If I upgrade in a few years to the a freighter base do I leave the passenger pay scale or do I just convert to the 400 as a FO capable of doing both pass. and freight?

Or would it be best to hang out and wait for 777 F/O bases to open in NYC or somewhere else in the north or southeast?

Thanks
FT

Yes, if you lave the pax fleet you leave the pax pay scale too, about 25% less at all levels. After three years (post final line check) you then move over to the pax fleet pay scale and do both pax and freight flying. You can also elect to return to HKG permanently and then you'll also get the HKG pay scales (with all allowances and 16% flat tax).
Should you upgrade to Capt on the freighter it's a different story: You are neither elligible to return to HKG nor will you move to a pax pay scale on the base until your equivalent seniority ON the HKG BASE upgrade too.
Whether you should wait or not is your call. The only certainties in life are death and taxes...

There are pax bases in N America already: YVR, YYZ, SFO, LAX, ATL and JFK. You're just obligated to stay on the freighter until you've either done three years or your seniority comes up as a captain. Ask the Drunk Irishman - maybe he'll explain it better!

JFK is the 340-600.

You will go through ORD or YYZ on the way to ANC, spend the night then on to HKG 80% of the time.

No PAX base in JFK (check the seniority list)

oops, ATL shouldn't be there - freight only. JFK is both pax and freight, as are the others.

Looks like everyone makes mistakes, eh Captain? No need to take it so personally. A little humility from time to time is always welcomed.

Latest resources

Back