Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CheyDogFlies

Kickin' it "C"old School
Applied online to Cathay in Sep/Oct. Went to the AIR Inc conference in Nov and saw the Cathay rep, who all but laughed in my face because I did not meet their minimum hours. I have not updated my resume since, because I didn't want to be humiliated again.

Out of the blue, they just called me for a FO freighter interview in NYC, which I accepted. Thoughts? This seems rather unusual to me--still don't meet their "minimums"...

Applied online to Cathay in Sep/Oct. Went to the AIR Inc conference in Nov and saw the Cathay rep, who all but laughed in my face because I did not meet their minimum hours. I have not updated my resume since, because I didn't want to be humiliated again.

Out of the blue, they just called me for a FO freighter interview in NYC, which I accepted. Thoughts? This seems rather unusual to me--still don't meet their "minimums"...

word on the street is they are hard up for pilots, thus dropping the mins. if you still want to work there give it your best shot.

I had applied back in '99. Did not update when they converted their pilot app system in 2001.

Last month I received a package requesting I update my CV. :) Go figure.

No, from what I understand it is rather difficult (and not legal if you live in HK).
I also cancelled my interview with Cathay on Friday for a job elsewhere.

cathay

They may be losing pilots on the property; I know ups has hired more than a handful of cathay pilots in the recent past.

Aviator7576

Don't they have some type of training contract?

Hey guys,

No training contract and you get full pay from day one, plus per-diem while in Hong Kong.

I get more then enough days off that I can still do reserves out of Kingsville, TX. Cathay has no problem with reserves as long as you don't drop trips for it. Legally if you are based out of the US they HAVE to let you do reserves and give you days off for it, but i'm not going to be the first one to press their buttons:bomb: . I go over 20 years in 9 days anyway so if it gets too painfull i'll retire from the mil.

Sounds like Cheydog is off to somewhere wlse anyway.

Cathay is getting desperate and the pay and conditions are likely to get much better soon. In negotiations(sp?) as we speak.

Hope this helps.

Latest resources

Back