Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CheyDogFlies

Kickin' it "C"old School
My fellow crewmember and I were discussing CAT III approaches on our way to Germany (yay for us).

Which operators out there are certified for CAT III and on what aircraft? I'm fairly certain SWA has got it on at least some of their 737s... and I know there's a lot more of you out there!

Alaska has them on the 737's and Horizon does on all of there aircraft. (Dash-8 Q200/Q400, CRJ 700) Only regional that i know of to have their entire fleet CAT III.

I know that there are a lot of aircraft out there perfect for CAT III ex. A-320 series but it is all dependent on the company with how they want to operate the maint and pilot training side of things. Living in Seattle I think it always a good idea to have CAT III cert. MOst companies I have been at or talked to dont want to spend the money on it. Heck the last three I have been at did not even have CAT II cert for there crews.

Last edited:
All of 'em at FDX (yes, including the 72).

JetBlue is CAT III/B on the 320s.
Fail Passive 100 foot Alert Height

Currently CAT II on the EMBs.

With the 320,
curiously, you cannot handfly a CAT II (since our approach "capability" on our Flight Director system reverts to CAT I with the autopilot off).
We also are never dispatched with the intention of doing a CAT II, but may be able to do a CAT II due to an inflight loss of CAT III capability.

All CAT IIIs are autolands and CAT II (engine out) can autoland as well as certain CAT I's.

Last edited:
All of 'em at FDX (yes, including the 72).

Ahhhhh Huck...now you must be blinded by all those fancy gadgets on the MudDog to have forgotten that our -100's and -150's (looks like a -200, automates like a -100) are only Cat II.

After July we'll only be down to -200's and -150's, but it seems to me like I see more and more -150's on line every day. They must have run out of the Cat III parts or something.

Ok Huck, now you can go back to reprogramming the S&M computer or whatever you MudDog guys call it. :confused:

Latest resources

Back