Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/tx/5463535.html

What was the weather at the time?

My thoughts and prayers are with the pilots family and his/her coworkers at CASW. I was just posting the other day what a great group of people are over at CASW. I miss flying that Commander.

Last edited:
i put a lot of time on 712AT.

very sorry to hear of the CASW loss.

you guys be careful out there.

tug

Last edited:
WX at TUL at the time was poor. 1000 or less OVC, couple of miles vis with snow/sleet.

I used to fly that run when Airnet operated it and happened to be at the airport picking up a relative about the time of the accident. I was thinking a little about the freight dawgs still slugging it out on nights like that.

The local news identified the pilot as Darrin Ogletree of Dallas.

I'm saying a prayer for his family...

Is that the reported weather at the time, on the 1st link ?

Tough job those 135 guys have, some nights...

Godspeed to the pilot, and prayers for his friends & family.

Well this just sucks! When I worked there we had a fatal crash in Gaylord Michigan. I was based in GRR. Now this one! It will be interesting to find out how this one happened. I had the chance to meet Derrin when I was in DFW for Citation recurrent. A real good buddy of mine (JS) was flying the TUL DAL run and met up with him one night there at Love Field. Darrin just got back from CAS's HRL run. Seemed like a stand up guy. From what other CAS pilots have told me, he was a good pilot and about to move back to Florida to fly a Hawker I think. My prayers out to Darrins family and friends.

Texan

Sucks. Here's to the departed. At the risk of sounding trite, let's all try to be as careful as these jobs will allow out there.

Horrible news. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family, and to the CASW guys. I remember that last MI crash...I just showed up at MKC to start my run and everyone was talking about it; it had just happened. Man, JT took it hard. Hope he's doing alright this time around. :(

Latest resources

Back