Cass

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Godvek

I have heard the CASS program is being written into Federal law as a 121 carrier requirement either in 2006 or 2007. What I have heard is if a carrier is not CASS approved, their own pilots will not be able to jumpseat on their own planes, nonetheless any other carriers. Is this true?

Not true.

The only purpose of CASS is to allow OFF line carriers to fly on your jumpseat.

Riding on your own carriers jumpseat is separate from CASS.

MajorAv8r said:
Not true.

The only purpose of CASS is to allow OFF line carriers to fly on your jumpseat.

Riding on your own carriers jumpseat is separate from CASS.

As of now, you are correct, but when the FAR goes into effect, I am hearing you have to be part of CASS to jumpseat on any 121 carrier, including your own company.

Not sure about the new legislation. I know for now CASS is designed for Offline pilots to be able to occupy a jumpseat, assuming your respective carrier has paid the cash and provided the IT support for the database. If you are commuting ON line, arnt you essentially traveling as a NonRev? When I catch on line jumpseats, for now, I dont have to go through the CASS system. My .02$ worth.

Its seems insane to not let a crewmember get on his own jumpseat. Of course that doesn't mean anything to the people who write the regs.

Godvek said:
I have heard the CASS program is being written into Federal law as a 121 carrier requirement either in 2006 or 2007. What I have heard is if a carrier is not CASS approved, their own pilots will not be able to jumpseat on their own planes, nonetheless any other carriers. Is this true?

Do you know where they are posting this information or where I could view it? Is there anything said about Part 135 scheduled airlines being involved or Part 121 only?

Latest resources

Back