• NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.
  • Logbook Pro for Apple iOS version 8.1 is now available on the App Store. Major update including signature endorsements and dark/light theme support. Click here to install now.

Cass

Godvek

Total Time
5000+
I have heard the CASS program is being written into Federal law as a 121 carrier requirement either in 2006 or 2007. What I have heard is if a carrier is not CASS approved, their own pilots will not be able to jumpseat on their own planes, nonetheless any other carriers. Is this true?

MajorAv8r

Total Time
Fair
Not true.

The only purpose of CASS is to allow OFF line carriers to fly on your jumpseat.

Riding on your own carriers jumpseat is separate from CASS.

Godvek

Total Time
5000+
MajorAv8r said:
Not true.

The only purpose of CASS is to allow OFF line carriers to fly on your jumpseat.

Riding on your own carriers jumpseat is separate from CASS.

As of now, you are correct, but when the FAR goes into effect, I am hearing you have to be part of CASS to jumpseat on any 121 carrier, including your own company.

CUZ

Total Time
Not sure about the new legislation. I know for now CASS is designed for Offline pilots to be able to occupy a jumpseat, assuming your respective carrier has paid the cash and provided the IT support for the database. If you are commuting ON line, arnt you essentially traveling as a NonRev? When I catch on line jumpseats, for now, I dont have to go through the CASS system. My .02$ worth.

Junkflyer

Total Time
Its seems insane to not let a crewmember get on his own jumpseat. Of course that doesn't mean anything to the people who write the regs.

splatattack

Total Time
Godvek said:
I have heard the CASS program is being written into Federal law as a 121 carrier requirement either in 2006 or 2007. What I have heard is if a carrier is not CASS approved, their own pilots will not be able to jumpseat on their own planes, nonetheless any other carriers. Is this true?

Do you know where they are posting this information or where I could view it? Is there anything said about Part 135 scheduled airlines being involved or Part 121 only?