Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hi!

TheRaven:
U have to start somewhere. Getting CASS can help a company expand and improve, so it could help U directly as far as riding as they improve, you have more choices to fly for free.

Also, you may benefit because that guy you let on your JS may one day help U get a job when you're laid off/furloughed, or at a better airline than the one you're at.

I always try and treat people great, Bcause U never now when U may need a job.

cliff
GRB

My airline has a list of airlines who we have a reciprocal agreement with in our FOM. If you fly for some fly-by-night 135 company that I never heard of, you can be damn sure I'm going to check that list. Actually, I'll be checking that list for any 135 company. If you're on the list, welcome aboard; if not, airport security will be called.

Why in the world would you need to call security because someone is CASS and is not on your agreement list? I fly for a pretty big scheduled 135 that is CASS, and recently found out the hard way that we do not have a agreement with Pinnacle, although we do have a agreement with mainline Delta, and Northwest, as well as Mesaba, ASA, and Comair, amongst others. The Captain was very polite and wanted to get me on, but the computer system would not allow it. My point being, be civil. My company has alot to offer in the way of reciprocation. I was not not happy about getting bumped (I was trying to get home for the birth of my niece the next morning) but I thanked the Captain for his effort and took the next flight that was on ASA instead of Pinnacle. Afterall, he went the exta mile by even calling his company to try to get me on.

Maybe I am reading too far into your post (and I probably am).

On another note, when I flew for Central Air Southwest and when I flew for Ram Air we had a agreement with Southwest even though we had pretty much nothing to offer back. Pilots are pilots, and we all want to go see our families. If we can help each other, why not? I would never deny someone family time, expecially when I know they are making 1500 a month before taxes. The only way you would ever get denied from a open seat on any plane I was in charge of is if you were acting out of line and had a entitlement attitude, or if it caused me to break a rule.

Stay positive! It makes your life easier.

Latest resources

Back