Casino Express

USA_Av8r

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 7, 2005
Posts
67
Total Time
4500
Does anyone know what is going on at Casino Express, I heard they were bought by someone and doing a bit of expanding.

Any current pilots care to chime in?

Thanks alot!
 

Batfish

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 20, 2003
Posts
83
Total Time
3400
I called in there about a week ago. I have been stone walled for the past 3 years. This time they said oh yea we have a class running right now, might be another before too long. Kinda shocked me. Makes a little more sense, if your info is correct. So was red lion casino purchased or just casino express? ..........batfish
 

acer231

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 4, 2004
Posts
46
Total Time
13750
They want me to interview for a Jan 2 class. And yes they did get bought by a European group and it is now called "X-tra air. Does anyone have any more info? Sounds pretty excitiing to me.
 

airspeed

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 26, 2001
Posts
166
Total Time
5100
How do you apply to these guys? Is there a number to call?
 

XPOO

You are now free to...
Joined
Nov 25, 2005
Posts
1,874
As a former dispatcher of XP, I will fill you all in on some information. Casino Express has been bought 51% by previous management personnel. The other 49% is owned by a Europian company called Avion Group. The airline has officially changed their name to Xtra Airways. All flying out of Elko will continue to be referred to as Casino Express. All flying out of Wendover will be referred to as Million Air Express. Beyond that, the airline is opening bases in BOS and SDF in mid-December. Exact routing of these bases are quite sketchy at the moment, but expect the company to be flying Vacation Express- or Apple Vacation-type routes to a few selected East coast cities. Currently, Xtra is in the process of selling their three 737-200s and upgrading to two 737-400s and two 737-800s. Details on who the company has obtained the aircraft from is unknown at this time, but I believe the rumor to be Air Atlanta Icelandic, another company owned by Avion Group. The person you will need contact is Chief Pilot/Part Owner Greg Kessler at 775-738-6040. Resumes can be faxed to 775-738-1881. For more information on requirements please refer to http://www.airlinepilotcentral.com/content/view/87/13/ .

Hope this helps you guys out!
 
Top