• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Carrying food on the road

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I work 19 days a month and normally bring a few bags of food :)

This is what I have figured out.

Never drink coffee and only drink water and a lot if you can. Drink in a bottle big enough to pee in if worse came to worse (cargo only).

I LIVE off of Ensure. Yeah, it is an old person drink but who cares. It has allot of calories and allot of vitimans. I normally drink one with a Cliff bar. That is almost a meal considering it is around 500 calories.

Also, what is great are those Star Kist Tuna Lunch to goes. At about 1.40 a piece they are great and have everything you need. Gornola bars are great and trail mix is a good one too.

Any snack food is good such as Wheat thins. Since they are high in fiber...might help you punch a grumpy ;)

James

Just keep in mind that you may experience problems when crossing the border into Mexico or Canada if you are bringing in any fruits or vegetables.

Stop by GNC and grab a box of MetRx "meal replacement" shakes. You mix them with water or milk....they do replace a meal...drink two of those (breakfast and lunch) and then eat a dinner of some sort and you're good to go.

-mini

Yeah I didn't think about the fruit/vegetable thing clearing Customs. Anyone have experience with this?

Right now I was thinking the following:

Peanut Butter
Celery Sticks
Carrots
Bananas
Wheat Thins
Cliff Bars/Similar
Mixed Nuts
Protein Powder (any tips on this? I have a 20 oz plastic water bottle thing that I was thinking I could bring to start drinking these shakes. Are they simple to make?)
Vitamins

minitour said:
Stop by GNC and grab a box of MetRx "meal replacement" shakes. You mix them with water or milk....they do replace a meal...drink two of those (breakfast and lunch) and then eat a dinner of some sort and you're good to go.

-mini

Are those like Creatine though... where if you don't exercise well while taking them you'll gain lots of fat? I heard this about Creatine.

FlyChicaga said:
Are those like Creatine though... where if you don't exercise well while taking them you'll gain lots of fat? I heard this about Creatine.

nah...minitour doesn't exercise...much...unless its golfing.

I was for a while there exercising a LOT, but I seem to have *ahem* slacked off a bit...

The chocolate ones aren't too too bad, but you need LOTS of water or milk. The 16oz they recommend just doesn't cut it...it'd be thick enough to slice if it was 16 ounces...I think there's vanilla or berry or something else...can't remember...

I'd recommend 'em

-mini

Mountain Dew, Pepsi, chocolate cupcakes, Doritios, candy bars, Twinkies, chips, etc...are all small and take up very little space. They give you energy too. I usually have a lunch consisting of a Pepsi, bag of chips, and some beef jerky. Then for desert I'll finish up with some cupcakes with the little sprinkles on top.....

Latest resources

Back