Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

troy

keratoconus

I was told by the eye dr yesterday that I had keratoconus, which is a thinning of the cornea, resulting in astigmatism. (Sorry for the spelling). Anyone has this or know of anybody? He says that he will correct by using a hard contact lens. I currently use soft contacts. As long as my vision is corrected to 20/20, or really close, I should be ok for a class II, shouldn't I?

Last edited:
Got it

I have astigmitism myself and I am able to maintain a 1st class medical. Astigmitism is very common and really just affects your distance vision. As long as you are correctable to 20/20, it should be no problem.

IP

The doc scared me. He told me that I might not ever fly again. He also is the eye doc for the Air National Guard here in KFSD (F-16's)

I just hope that he can correct the vision to 20/20.

Thanks!

back to ya on stadard E-mail.......

Medical

Hey,

I saw the Doc I go to for my medicals today. Showed him your post and he said that it sounded like an Italian Deli Meat or something like that.;)

You sure that he is an AME and not a deli salesman? He doesn't joke around about sausage or anything does he?????:D

Hahahaha

No deli salesman. He is an AME. Actually flew A-10's in the military and was his squadrons flight surgeon. Very sharp guy.

IP

Latest resources

Back