• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Cargo Rumor Central

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I heard today that since PTM has been running it has yet to make a profit or make payroll....wait a minute....thats no rumor....thats a FACT!!!!:laugh: Sorry guys.

I heard flight express is merging with UPS. All 210 and Baron pilots will be given the option to fly for UPS and all UPS pilots to be given the option to fly for flight express. Rumor has it most of the flx guys are staying put while UPS pilots are jumping ship. Flight Express management is concerned they wont have enough runs available to accomodate.

Totally off base Jim! I don't know where you heard that.

First, the UPS/Flight Express "merger", as you called it, is actually an asset only purchase, of the entire Baron fleet. That's right UPS clearly only needs the Barons not the 210's.

Second, the Baron captains may, may, be given preferential interviews with UPS, but not until there's a profer to allow the DC-8/727 FE's a chance to upgrade to the left seat of the Baron.

Third any future UPS hiring will be into the right seat of the Baron. First year pay will be like all other UPS equipment $33/hr, but second year pay of course goes to $102/hr, and since it's a Baron they're expecting ANC based Baron Captain upgrades to take around three years, (which is a long time I know), but not bad since you'll be making third year Baron captain pay at $170/hr.

Last, in order to be really competitive for hiring there, Baron time is a plus, but, you need a LOR, (preferably from management) and they will giving more consideration to guys/girls with "heavy" Beechcraft experience. You know, B-1800s, 1900s, even King Air series aircraft, (though they'd prefer it be C-12 or T-44 time, ya know, ya can't beat that military training).

Oh yeah. The 210 pilots need to hit the road.

GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT NEXT TIME!. GEEZE!

Last edited:
I heard Gary Richards and his management team are feeling a little saucy with their new found ownership of Amflight and bought Express.net.

The FED-UPS fleet will be completely replaced with a mix of C150/C152s in order to save fuel. Also, the hub will move from the current location to a small crop dusting strip in Wichita Kansas.

Last edited:
I heard you wont be needing a commercial anymore to become a freightdog

Yes, freight dogs will still need a commercial, but I heard the FAA is going to grant a special waver to cargo only operaters to hire pilots with only 500 hours, since flying freight single pilot is so easy.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back