• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Cargo is FULLY carved out and more..

pilotyip

Total Time
This will be interesting, we play the same crews on both cargo and passenger. We may have to apply the pax rules to our cargo ops to ensure crews are legal to do both at the same time

HA25

Tokyo Tokyo!
Total Time
>1
I wonder how this will work for carriers like Atlas and World. They are not "all cargo", but they fly cargo and freight, and the pilots interchange randomly.

cliff
RMS

that's why they have two certificates now... Atlas / Polar

atpcliff

Total Time
The pilots are all on one list, and randomly fly polar freight flights, atlas freight flights, atlas mil pax flights, and atlas non-mil pax flights. I am still trying to figure out if there was, or was not, a carve out for mil pax flying.

cliff
HHN

GG747

Total Time
No carve out for any PAX flying. If you have mixed ops, then adopt the new regs across the board or it will get ugly.

tailwindz

As far as Atlas is concerned, I don't see how the new reg (if applied) is much concern with Class 1 rest already on all of the 400/-8's. 30/7 would obviously be one, but I don't see any big ones. We'll see.

propsarebest

Total Time
My guess is that those companies that operate combo pax/cargo operations will magically have a new ops spec that exempts them from pax rest rules...

Fly Astar Jets

Fly ATI Jets
Total Time
Yep.
I am purely guessing, but I would imagine they would either spin off the pax side and make them separate entities with their own crews or if the crews continue to interchange they would have to abide by the newer more restrictive FDT limits across the board. The way the new regs are written I don't see them able to do say a month on cargo and a month on pax it would get too confusing and contradict the duty and flight hour periods and accumulations.

That's the way I see us doing it. All pax ops & combi ops with freighters. Don't see any other way around it. Or as Vic said, segregate crews based on type of operation. That would be a costly nightmare. Especially with a crewsked dept that still relies on 3x5 index cards and Rolodex. :rolleyes:

Merry Christmas Peeps,

FAJ