Cargo Dogs and aging

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

check six

I have heard from many that Cargo Dogs fllying the back side of the clock for most of their career at Fedex, UPS etc age more rapidly than airline guys who fly during the daylight most of their career.

Is this fact or just opinion of a few?

Thanks,

Check Six

After working 3rd shift for about 4 years I would agree with that. Although rapidly changing circadian rhythms at a regional are probably worse. At least I got 8 hours of sleep most days working 3rd shift.

Heard where????

There are many folks, me included, who have worked the middle of the night for more than 30 years and love it. I have no significant health issues and am happy with my life.

What ever happened to critical thinking and logic? Son, where the He!! are you getting your info?

Bob

Heard where????

There are many folks, me included, who have worked the middle of the night for more than 30 years and love it. I have no significant health issues and am happy with my life.

What ever happened to critical thinking and logic? Son, where the He!! are you getting your info?

Bob

Sounds like you're getting plenty of rest and are not showing any signs of uneasiness or irritability. What was he thinking posting this?

What is a Cargo Dog? LoL

look at Gene S.

What is a Cargo Dog? LoL
It hasn't effected him a bit, he doesn't look a day over 68. BTW Don't think is the night work, it is the shifting between day and night cycles

Your body's homeostasis is designed for rest during night time hours. Naturally occuring melatonin is produced by the body to induce drowisness when the sun goes down. It is directly related to your circadian rhythm. It helps slow down your body's metabolism to prepare it for the sleep cycle. This hormone is naturally secreted during nighttime hours by your body. Remaining awake during these hours for years and years is not condusive to good health. Over time, it creates disturbances within your endocrinology which eventually leads to various ailments. It does weather your body more. All nightshift work does.

This all of course is the physical toll it creates, not to mention the social and psychological aspects of night work which can be detrimental as well to ones well-being.

Your body's homeostasis is designed for rest during night time hours. Naturally occuring melatonin is produced by the body to induce drowisness when the sun goes down. It is directly related to your circadian rhythm. It helps slow down your body's metabolism to prepare it for the sleep cycle. This hormone is naturally secreted during nighttime hours by your body. Remaining awake during these hours for years and years is not condusive to good health. Over time, it creates disturbances within your endocrinology which eventually leads to various ailments. It does weather your body more. All nightshift work does.

This all of course is the physical toll it creates, not to mention the social and psychological aspects of night work which can be detrimental as well to ones well-being.

Doesn't alcohol mitigate this? ;)

Latest resources

Back