• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

JonJohn82

Good times...
Hi all,

Does anyone know a cargo company that flies out of MKC. The name has the word "safe" in it. I talked to a guy as he was flying his route last night but cannot remember the name of the company.

Yeah, you got it right. The company's Safe Wings.

Safewing is definitely hiring pilots. Send a resume; if you have the required time, you will get the job. They may even be hiring VFR guys; I'm not sure. Good luck to you!

I talked to D.D. at Safewing a few years ago, nice guy, and he said they use the Aztecs mainly in the winter. Do their Lances have TKS?

Yeah, the guy mentioned the Aztecs only really flew in the winter. He said it was great place to work.

I use to cross paths every night with a Scrapewing pilot and he seemed to like it but the Lance does not have ice protection which sucks in the midwest. FLX can not cover alot of their runs out of MKC ( can't keep pilots) so they contract them out to safewing who for all I know may contract out to somebody else.

SafeWing Aviation (Don) can't remember his last name.
401 NW Lou Holland Dr
Kansas City, MO 64116-4224
(816) 421-7737

He also provides hanger space for flight expresses aircraft. FLX uses a small office there for their pilots. Don is hiring, as well as FLX.

Latest resources

Back