• This site moved from forums.flightinfo.com to flightinfo.com. Please update your bookmarks.

Cargo at MKC

JonJohn82

Good times...
Total Time
Hi all,

Does anyone know a cargo company that flies out of MKC. The name has the word "safe" in it. I talked to a guy as he was flying his route last night but cannot remember the name of the company.

JonJohn82

Good times...
Total Time
Thanks!

Safe wing sounds like it. They fly Lances and Aztecs I think.

CaravanMan

Drop eet like eet's hot
Total Time
Some
Yeah, you got it right. The company's Safe Wings.

wildfreightess

Total Time
Safewing is definitely hiring pilots. Send a resume; if you have the required time, you will get the job. They may even be hiring VFR guys; I'm not sure. Good luck to you!

CaravanMan

Drop eet like eet's hot
Total Time
Some
I talked to D.D. at Safewing a few years ago, nice guy, and he said they use the Aztecs mainly in the winter. Do their Lances have TKS?

JonJohn82

Good times...
Total Time
Yeah, the guy mentioned the Aztecs only really flew in the winter. He said it was great place to work.

flagshipper

Total Time
I use to cross paths every night with a Scrapewing pilot and he seemed to like it but the Lance does not have ice protection which sucks in the midwest. FLX can not cover alot of their runs out of MKC ( can't keep pilots) so they contract them out to safewing who for all I know may contract out to somebody else.

boxjocky

Total Time
SafeWing Aviation (Don) can't remember his last name.
401 NW Lou Holland Dr
Kansas City, MO 64116-4224
(816) 421-7737

He also provides hanger space for flight expresses aircraft. FLX uses a small office there for their pilots. Don is hiring, as well as FLX.