Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Cargo 360?

If the guys at C360 are happy with what their making, I'm happy for them. It still beats handing out refrigerator magnets...

Most of them guys are early retired Delta.

If they got out at the right time, with their half Mill, I don;t think they are in the refrigerator magnet business.
Yet anyway.

JP,

Is it still true that prospective employees have to pay for their drug test & background check? I had heard that they (Cargo 360) request your credit card number prior to your arrival for the interview.

To be honest here, I don't know if thats still the case. They have grown a bit and that might be out the window now. Regardless, its tax deductible anyway, though I don't know if you can take the whole deduction and if you are not itemizing then yeah, you are out maybe $100.

Now to answer to the industry statements posted in response to my statements. Remember that in a capitalistic economy there is an ebb and flow, ups and downs, left and right swings, supply and demand. Unions artificially keep organizational efficiency down and therefore create the own demise they are trying to avoid. I grant you there is enough corporate ethical strife to screw many employees today and a union DOES protect those employees, but those cases are still fewer than the cases of ethical corporate entities. Unions are just not needed anymore and if we just let the natural tendencies of the cycles (i.e. Kitchins Cycle) go, then those companies that recognize employees as intellectual capital will win the race. We already see this today in companies like Microsoft, Google, Amazon.com, and Southwest Airlines (lots of happy pilots there!) that share the benefits with employees and recognize that by hiring good employees and keeping good employees (in other words, investing capital in them), they end up saving capital in the long run with less turnover and lost incremental revenue.

For what it's worth to those interested parties reading this, from what I hear C360 is one of those corporations.

Oh, and by the way, I never resorted to name calling (i.e. something along the lines of "cubicle sucking middle management puke")

Just curious, where does Cargo360 fly it's 747s?

Bye Bye--General Lee

Thanks for the info everyone. Are there any Cargo 360 pilots on this board? Just would like to know schedules, QOL, pay, etc... beyond what is listed on airline pilot central....thanks in advance...

Most of them guys are early retired Delta.

If they got out at the right time, with their half Mill, I don;t think they are in the refrigerator magnet business.
Yet anyway.
Mon,
They didn't get out with a half mill; they got out with one and a half mill - and they are great guys to fly with! The 40 of them are mentoring the other 30 guys to be just like them - great guys to fly with at a job that pays slightly above the third level cargo mins. Don't compare them to FedEx or UPS; compare them to Tradewinds, Southern, Focus, or Kalitta.

More 74s to come + the 777s. There is something out there for everyone - this may be for some of us.

Have any of the guys that were hired as f/os been allowed to upgrade or are more Deltoids being brought on and put in the left seat?

Have any of the guys that were hired as f/os been allowed to upgrade or are more Deltoids being brought on and put in the left seat?

Almost all Pilot F/Es have upgraded to F/O and a number of F/Os have upgraded to Captain. The initial cadre had a number of Delta guys, but none have been hired for a while...there have already been a couple of retirements from the initial cadre.

Looks like I hit a nerve! So you are a pilot and employee for C360 then? Or do you know somebody who is complaining about that awful lifestyle you swear they live with. I'll tell you that my information is true as I actually do have a friend working there who is "quite happy thank you very much", and he gets whatever he wants schedule wise. If he wants to work less, he works less, if wants more, he gets more and he is quite satisfied with the compensation as well.

Lets see, what else, you are right about the DAL guys, but hey, wouldn't YOU want an experienced cadre to start a new airline? Now onto your theory on the FOs, none of which are low time, unless you consider low time to be between 5000-10000 hours. I think it may something to do with the insurance companies not wanting a bunch of low-time kids flying SIC in a 820,000 lbs 747 and that the company probably wants a good group with which to upgrade as they add more aircraft. Yes, I said it, more aircraft, and that isn't old news, and who really gives a crap if they are the BEST bidder for the job?? Notice now I didn't say LOWEST, because in business, lowest is not how it really works. Regardless, thats what ACMI is! Bidding on business!

Oooh yes, the low pay thing. Have you looked at the pay vis a vis other ACMI carriers? Right in the middle, spot-on dude. NOT LOW by any means. Wait, oh no! It isn't Fed Ex or UPS pay! That would be comparing apples to oranges because Fed Ex/UPS are not ACMI and those are two completely different organizational structures, end of story. In fact, have you noticed how both Fed Ex and UPS in fact HIRE ACMI carriers to do some lift? Maybe because of excess business, true, but also because of the HIGH LABOR COSTS AND OVERHEAD. A company cannot be all things to all customers in this day and age, and that is what a service economy is all about. Now is the time of "core competencies" and concentrating on what your company can provide in the best most cost efficient way possible. I'm sorry if that inflicts on your sense of collaborative righteousness that the airline industry is flushed with due to overbearing unionism. To the leanest and meanest go the spoils, and bonuses and benefits to all employees who help with that bottom-line.

End of the diatribe.

I have to agree with all but your last statement. IMHO and what I have seen in my short 7 years in ACMI, there will be no bonuses or benefits for the labor group. Ans I will believe the 777 thing when I see them in LongHaul colors. I know that airlines purchase option slots for on price and sell them later when demand is higher and draw a pretty profit. For the sake of all the LongHaul folks I hope it is true. I want the best for all my pilot brothers.

On another note, why do people always sh!t all over people that fly for ACMI carriers. Every has to work lesser paying jobs or crappy jobs at some point in their careers. There are many reasons such as time building, furlough, skeletons in the closet, what ever. I have not been fortunate enough to be offered a job with FEDEX or one of the Legacies yet,. Until such time ACMI isn't all that bad.

Just my .02

It really doesn't matter what kind of aircraft these carriers fly. It's quality of life and how you're treated that's important.

Getting 777 or 747-400 command time is good, but only if you're using it to get a job somewhere else. The non-union scumbag freight outfits don't expect the good guys to stay, hence they don't care about quality of life or how they treat the crews.

Our outfit is one year old. We are working on QOL issues every day. The Chief Pilot and the VP of flight Ops are great guys who are working hard to make life better here. Yes, we are an ACMI outfit. The real question is: How many people left FED Ex, UPS or southwest in the first couple years because it "was a bottom feeder?"

The guys working here are great. We have a new COO and things are moving in the right direction.

To answer a couple guys questions:

We operate 3 classic 74's ACMI for Korean
We fly JFK, ORD, LAX, ANC and ICN
Occasionally we hit ATL, and DFW

There are 2 BCF 400's showing up next year.

We get a company paid ticket to and from work with a hotel room on each end.

Trips tend to average 7-9 days long. Occasionally longer, sometimes shorter.

I have averaged 16-18 days out a month. Company average is probably 14-18 a month....I am guessing here.

Our pilot cadre is very good. Yes, we have mostly ex-Delta captains. This was a very good deal for us because we set a very high level of professionalism quickly in the company. The FO's are mostly ex military guys with heavy fixed wing jet experience. There are some civilian pilots in the FO group but these guys were very experienced guys with 74 backgrounds.

Thanks to the guys who are keeping threads on this board professional. I normally do not post on these boards but some guys just seem to want to post incorrect and hateful stuff for the sole purpose of doing so.

Since everyone knows me as slinky I am probably going to catch a load of C^@P for this at the fancy moose tonight.......bummer

Slinky

Latest resources

Back