• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Cargo 360?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Amazing. Everyone has their anecdotal evidence that they swear by. Kind of like the rumor that C360 bought the aircraft and then asked for your soc sec number just so they could steal you identity! Geez, if you post an opinion, do your research first and give an EDUCATED opinion. That makes the forums so much more interesting for the readers!

Ahhh, probably just flaimbait anyway and I took the hook. Bottom line though on these boards, the intelligent posters do their research, the idiots are the loudest, and rumors are purely such until REAL evidence presents itself.

Amazing. Everyone has their anecdotal evidence that they swear by. Kind of like the rumor that C360 bought the aircraft and then asked for your soc sec number just so they could steal you identity! Geez, if you post an opinion, do your research first and give an EDUCATED opinion. That makes the forums so much more interesting for the readers!

Ahhh, probably just flaimbait anyway and I took the hook. Bottom line though on these boards, the intelligent posters do their research, the idiots are the loudest, and rumors are purely such until REAL evidence presents itself.

Well said JP

I wouldn't go there in hopes of flying a 777. I would be shocked if they ever get them. This is an ACMI carrier.

The first three 74 classics are ACMI with KAL. The next two -400s have not yet been put on that contract. The six 777Fs (+3 options) that were announced two weeks ago are not being delivered until 2011/12.

OBTW - well said JP as well!

JP,

Looks like I hit a nerve. Lets see. What did I say that was false. Early retirees from DAL with the lump sum as capts., low time fos with low pay and lots of days on the road(in their defense I would rather fly the whale intl. 20 days/month vs. an rj 15-17). Flying KAL and NWA cargo (because you can underbid) using KAL ramps, facilities and ground crew. Using our ramps, ground crew, operations etc. Have I missed anything. Please enlighten me. Tell me how much flying you would have if you were not able to underbid and fly other peoples freight.

Last edited:
JP,

Looks like I hit a nerve. Lets see. What did I say that was false. Early retirees from DAL with the lump sum as capts., low time fos with low pay and lots of days on the road(in their defense I would rather fly the whale intl. 20 days/month vs. an rj 15-17). Flying KAL and NWA cargo (because you can underbid) using KAL ramps, facilities and ground crew. Using our ramps, ground crew, operations etc. Have I missed anything. Please enlighten me. Tell me how much flying you would have if you were not able to underbid and fly other peoples freight.

Looks like I hit a nerve! So you are a pilot and employee for C360 then? Or do you know somebody who is complaining about that awful lifestyle you swear they live with. I'll tell you that my information is true as I actually do have a friend working there who is "quite happy thank you very much", and he gets whatever he wants schedule wise. If he wants to work less, he works less, if wants more, he gets more and he is quite satisfied with the compensation as well.

Lets see, what else, you are right about the DAL guys, but hey, wouldn't YOU want an experienced cadre to start a new airline? Now onto your theory on the FOs, none of which are low time, unless you consider low time to be between 5000-10000 hours. I think it may something to do with the insurance companies not wanting a bunch of low-time kids flying SIC in a 820,000 lbs 747 and that the company probably wants a good group with which to upgrade as they add more aircraft. Yes, I said it, more aircraft, and that isn't old news, and who really gives a crap if they are the BEST bidder for the job?? Notice now I didn't say LOWEST, because in business, lowest is not how it really works. Regardless, thats what ACMI is! Bidding on business!

Oooh yes, the low pay thing. Have you looked at the pay vis a vis other ACMI carriers? Right in the middle, spot-on dude. NOT LOW by any means. Wait, oh no! It isn't Fed Ex or UPS pay! That would be comparing apples to oranges because Fed Ex/UPS are not ACMI and those are two completely different organizational structures, end of story. In fact, have you noticed how both Fed Ex and UPS in fact HIRE ACMI carriers to do some lift? Maybe because of excess business, true, but also because of the HIGH LABOR COSTS AND OVERHEAD. A company cannot be all things to all customers in this day and age, and that is what a service economy is all about. Now is the time of "core competencies" and concentrating on what your company can provide in the best most cost efficient way possible. I'm sorry if that inflicts on your sense of collaborative righteousness that the airline industry is flushed with due to overbearing unionism. To the leanest and meanest go the spoils, and bonuses and benefits to all employees who help with that bottom-line.

End of the diatribe.

And just an apology to those I may have offended on this thread. I am just way tired of people posting inaccurate information when there are honest to goodness applicants looking for good information. By the way, to apply go to their website www.cargo360.aero and follow the links.

Have you looked at the pay vis a vis other ACMI carriers? Right in the middle, spot-on dude. NOT LOW by any means. Wait, oh no! It isn't Fed Ex or UPS pay! That would be comparing apples to oranges because Fed Ex/UPS are not ACMI and those are two completely different organizational structures, end of story. In fact, have you noticed how both Fed Ex and UPS in fact HIRE ACMI carriers to do some lift? Maybe because of excess business, true, but also because of the HIGH LABOR COSTS AND OVERHEAD. A company cannot be all things to all customers in this day and age, and that is what a service economy is all about. Now is the time of "core competencies" and concentrating on what your company can provide in the best most cost efficient way possible.
"One man's ceiling is another man's floor..."

Unfortunately, the phrase "focusing on core competencies," at least when spoken by some management-puke, means outsourcing jobs to the lowest bidder. Whenever I hear it, I just want to $hit, because if a company like Korean AIRLINES or Northwest AIRLINES doesn't consider the operation and maintenance of airline-transport category airplanes a "core competency" then just what the he11 ARE their core competencies?

(OK, I know. It's marketing. But just for the sake of discussion...)

In other words, what management considers "focus on core competencies" is really another term for a "race to the bottom," with the "winner" of the race being the company (and employee group) who's the best at losing. But that's not the employee's fault. We all gotta eat, and if FedEx or UPS won't invite us to their table, we'll go where we have to to get something into our bellies.

To a regional guy operating 5-7 legs a day, C360 looks like a good deal. To a FedEx guy, it sucks. But then, to a newly-minted oral surgeon or orthodondist, flying for ANY major carrier (being gone 12-15 days a month and waiting 10 years to make any serious dough) seems like a sucky deal.

If the guys at C360 are happy with what their making, I'm happy for them. It still beats handing out refrigerator magnets...

That was/is the point I was trying to make. But JP the mid level cubicle boy had to straighten me out. However, I received a very informative private msg from someone who actually works there and he/she cleared up a lot of my questions.

JP,

Is it still true that prospective employees have to pay for their drug test & background check? I had heard that they (Cargo 360) request your credit card number prior to your arrival for the interview.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back