career?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FN FAL said:
Gigs are for guys and gals that travel from town to town playing instruments in the Red Carpet Inn bar, living out of a van, shooting up weed and smoking LSD.

I had a buddy that shot up weed for years. Poor SOB didnt realize that to get high you have to smoke it.

Back on topic.............................

Most of those I'm around who've been flying for hire for many years view the picture differently now than they (we) used to.

Fly because you like to. But, since you need income, find a job or source of income you can live on and invest with. It'd be nice if this job was flying, but it might not be. Then, make sure you can get your money working for you.

It's great to love flying, most of us do. But when the bills, and retirement considerations come into the picture, reality overrides passions.

If you're smart enough to learn to fly, you can certainly learn finances. Many blow this part of their 'education' off because it's 'boring' or not cool, or they don't know where to start. Boring is sitting in your one BR apt, broke, wishing you had the money get your car fixed.

Read Kiyosaki, read O'Neil, check out Fool.com, etc. Unfortunately you'll need money your whole life. Don't chase it, find a way to make it work for you. Then...........rent a plane, buy a plane, or go to work to fly because you want to - not because you have to.

The average guy/gal will not encourage you to do this. If you don't want to be 'average', don't listen to the average advice.

Fugawe

Did I just see fugawe post, fly because you like to? I got into it because I liked flying, I got out of it professionaly when I got tired of being unemployed, and 5 years later went back into flying because I missed it. I have never looked back. I turned down many jobs during my career because I gould not live on what the employer was offering. But you can live well and still fly for a living.

Flying is great, I have a decent job in 135 at a place where job security and life at work is pretty good and the QOL there is in the zone.

I just wish I could share my experiences in that job, I'll have to think about getting a digital camera or video tape machine, so I can catch those moments that we all love. Zooming the cloud tops of a nice undercast, breaking out at 100 and half during a snow storm, sunrises and sunsets on the ramp and in the air.

I have thought about throwing my resume at some of the bigger freight places, but at the present time I'm so pacified by my job, that I can't muster the strength to do so.

Maybe management should make our lives at work a living hell so I can get some incentive...but they won't do that, those SOB's. :laugh:

FN FAL said:
Flying is great, I have a decent job in 135 at a place where job security and life at work is pretty good and the QOL there is in the zone.

I just wish I could share my experiences in that job, I'll have to think about getting a digital camera or video tape machine, so I can catch those moments that we all love. Zooming the cloud tops of a nice undercast, breaking out at 100 and half during a snow storm, sunrises and sunsets on the ramp and in the air.

I have thought about throwing my resume at some of the bigger freight places, but at the present time I'm so pacified by my job, that I can't muster the strength to do so.

Maybe management should make our lives at work a living hell so I can get some incentive...but they won't do that, those SOB's. :laugh:

Looks like that Caneman might have some competition!

You think you can pull it off FN FAL? Are you smooooooooooooooooth?

Dangerkitty said:
Looks like that Caneman might have some competition!

You think you can pull it off FN FAL? Are you smooooooooooooooooth?
No competition, Caneman is way more than welcome to have any video I have. I'd rather support him than start my own thing.

I just don't have anything on digital...just good old VHS.

I'm smoooooooooooth, just not smooooooooooth enough to hold a candle to the Canester.

Latest resources

Back