career?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Papps

flying is great I still love operating a plane from t/o to touchdown. There is money in it sometimes if you find the right gig and there are jobs with a good QOL. How many of you are going to stay in the industry, and how many want to bail? Of the 20 or so guys I started training with back in the mid 90's only 2 of us are still flying, I don't know about the other guy, but im looking to move on. What about all of you. keep flying, back to school, or new job? Im sure I will get a few wise ass replys on this one.

Dream job. Not going anywhere until the boss decides otherwise. Boss is mid-40's, retired and well insulated from market downturns. Seems as stable as anything else.

Most of my PT91 buddies are very happy. Most of my 135 and 121 friends call frequently to see if we're hiring. Few have walked away from aviation.

Just trying to build that time instructing! I'm here to stay because aside from playing some good jazz piano, there's nothing else I'm good at. I just replaced an instructor at my flight school who was picked up by Peidmont after working here a year and a half. I want to stay in the southeast and kinda have my eye on Mountain Air Cargo or Air Cargo Carriers. I can't afford to buy any multi time so I guess the regionals are out of the question for now.

I'm not makin' any money but I haven't been in the business very long. It will come with time. I'm not giving up, I love doing this waaaaaay too much to do that. I'll keep flying and keep looking till I find that dream job. It's out there and I'll find it.

HMR, I agree there are some excellent Part 91 jobs out there. And if you find one, you stay with it. The wrong one can really suck.

If you can find a good 91 job it can be a great career.
"Flying is better then working for a living!"

Papps said:
There is money in it sometimes if you find the right gig and there are jobs with a good QOL.

Gigs are for guys and gals that travel from town to town playing instruments in the Red Carpet Inn bar, living out of a van, shooting up weed and smoking LSD.

FN FAL said:
Gigs are for guys and gals that travel from town to town playing instruments in the Red Carpet Inn bar, living out of a van, shooting up weed and smoking LSD.

I thought gigs were a multi-pointed spear used for huntin' frogs and whatnot.

FN FAL said:

No repect man, no respect. Actually I've quit my giggin to support my flying habit! I'm supposed to be up in Boone, N.C. rockin the caspaugh.....SHOOTING UP WEED AND SMOKING LSD!!?? WTF?

I'll call caneman and ask him WTF is FN FAL talkin about?:D

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back