• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Career Advice Please

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Another thing to look at is what kind of equiptment will you be flying? Is it a step down from what you are flying in terms modern equiptment?

Always keep in mind that with 135 you will not have a schedule. I do not care how great the company is or how much mom and pop love you. Coming back from a trip on Friday and planning to go to the beach Saturday, forget it. You WILL get screwed. You will NOT have the backing a contact and a union if you feel that you are being taken advantage of.

If your ultimate goal is SWA or FedEX or the like, you might want to seriously reconsider the 135 side of this business. If you want to fly "Big Iron" corporate this could be a good move. Great way to make contacts. Your next customer could be your big break. It happens often.

No one with more that 3000 hours and 2 years of 135 flying will ever be happy flying solely charter.

I agree with all of the above posts.

Also, consider if the 135 company has you asigned to one owner or if you work for the company and fly whichever aircraft (of the same type) they dispatch you on. The advantage is that if one plane gets sold, you will most likely not be gone with it. Also, I tend to mis having some new jokes (I fly with the same 2 other crewmembers at my gig)

Ace

Latest resources

Back