Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

pilotyip

Anyone know where to get performance data for a C-208 Caravan? Preferably free

Skinny, fast wing that can't lift........
Gear down so you can't go fast...............
Terrible on floats...

Last edited:
yeah, thinking the same thing...performance data here

SLOW, Can land on a dime, and oh yeah, it goes slow

flt plan stuff

Watcha need...
flight planning, How much gas to go so far at 10K'. vs payload, dest fuel alternate fuel, reserve etc, by putting numbers into a computer. Takes into effect winds, temps etc.

Used to plan 350-400 lbs first hour then 300 thereafter fuel burn. 1000 lbs of fuel gives you 2:45 of endurance with 3000 lbs payload. fltplan.com has C208 flight planning info. If you're heavy plan 5000 to 6000 feet for altitude, 10k will take too long to climb. TAS is 160 around 5k to 6k. Max fuel is 2400 lbs. Let me know if you need more info.

Used to plan 350-400 lbs first hour then 300 thereafter fuel burn. 1000 lbs of fuel gives you 2:45 of endurance with 3000 lbs payload. fltplan.com has C208 flight planning info. If you're heavy plan 5000 to 6000 feet for altitude, 10k will take too long to climb. TAS is 160 around 5k to 6k. Max fuel is 2400 lbs. Let me know if you need more info.

Nolife...Whatup! 5000 to 7000 ft in the C208 is average for a 1 hr 160 NM flight, climbing to 10k is not worth the time and fuel. I've never flown with 3000 lbs payload, 70% of the time you bulked out around 2500 lbs (avg size shipping boxes), unless you're flying nuts and bolts...then you'll weight out with 3000 lbs easily.....

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back