• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Caravan Down in Central Texas (merged)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wow - glad to hear he was okay. I wouldn't have guessed just a couple of broken bones based on that picture.

Flying Illini said:
Glad he's going to make it....I wish people would stop pushing it and crashing into houses though. Find a road or field and go with it.

Easy to second guess this pilot's choices and decisions but I hardly think he was trying to "push" anything given the only engine he had went south. Suggesting or hinting that he landed intentionally on a house due to "pushing it" versus landing on a street or field is assuming he had that option, didn't sound like he had the option. If he did I surely don't think he would have opted to go right into a house IF a street or field were available. He was lucky and extremely fortunate to walk away from this one. Limiting circumstances and some variables sometimes are beyond a pilot's control.

although in a perfect world...... "

Gotta love assumptions..

Last edited:
Flying Illini said:
Glad he's going to make it....I wish people would stop pushing it and crashing into houses though. Find a road or field and go with it.
It was always a life long dream of mine to catch power lines with my 52' - 1" wingspan over a road, so I could cartwheel over five or six mini-vans full of soccer moms and brats strapped into baby carriers, in an 8,750 lb airplane full of kerosene and Ebola monkeys.

Last edited:
Flying Illini said:

Read the newspaper account in the Cargo thread. It was late at night. Usually this means it was dark. He clipped some wires before he hit the house. Maybe he was trying for the street??

Looks like he did a pretty good job of getting on the ground considering the situation. I hope I could do as well.

Illini, Is it your thinking that a house is softer than a field?

Hmmm. I'm at 7K without a engine. Out this window I have a great field, but out this one I see a house..... Hmmmm.... Think I'll push it. What the hell.

Think mate!

Very glad to see the pilot WALK away from this one!

lowslow said:
Hmmm. I'm at 7K without a engine. Out this window I have a great field, but out this one I see a house...Hmmmm...I think I'll push it!
I bet that home wrecker of a pilot had a G.E.D. that sun of biscuit.

how can you see a nice field when it's dark, guy? have you ever flown at night? dark is dark.

dark is a field, yeah. but dark is also trees. dark is water. dark is a mountain.

have you ever flown at night?

From that picture, I'd say they were just thinking That Package Just Had to Get (to that house) Right Away! or whatever the ad says.

Latest resources

Back