Captain Moak's Nov. 8 letter...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey pcl...
You don't want to be here...then please leave.

Agreed.

PCL there is not a snowballs chance in hell that you are going to be able to work inside of SWAPA. You might as well interview with Delta so you can keep sucking off the ALPA tit for as long as they stick around.

However after the TWA pilots have their way with ALPA I am thinking their days are numbered.

The past is the past, and frankly, there's nothing we can do to change it. Just like this crappy seniority deal that just got shoved down my throat at AirTran, there's nothing that can be done, so it doesn't do any good to keep complaining and being pissed off about it. All you can do is move on and try to make the best of it. You being angry about Age 65 isn't going to change it, and you not contributing to the PAC isn't going to change it or get back at Captain Prater. He'll be retiring in a few years, and whether you contribute a dime to the PAC or not, he won't be affected. Let it go.

You may be right, but I'm sort of hopeful that if there is enough being pissed and complaining out there, maybe the next hosejob (age 75) might get derailed.

And yes, things can be done, the US can't be less restrictive than ICAO, but we can be more restrictive all we want.

ICAO wears the pants nowdays. I just did my distance learning and more things are going the ICAO way as we speak. What happened to the world famous American(not the airline) arrogance?

Moak is a joke... plain and simple. He was a tool here at DAL and now a larger tool at ALPA.

Three words - Delta Pilots Association - DAL pulls out of ALPA, 98% chance ALPA implodes and Mr. Moak will be the one who gets the credit for destroying ALPA. Lets see him talk his way out that... freaking jackass.

If I were you I wouldn't trust the founders of DPA as far as you could throw them. Look at the attorneys that they have retained:
Who are the DPA attorneys, why were they chosen and is DPA in a contract with them?

Seham, Seham, Meltz and Peterson (SSMP Law) was selected to assist us with this phase of our organizing process for two major reasons. First and foremost, they have successfully assisted two major ALPA carriers (American and USAir) with the process of exiting ALPA. The circumstances at USAir are completely different from Delta in that they exited ALPA without a contract in force and deliberately divided the group, using superior numbers to remove a problem created by ALPA representation.

Seham, Seham, Meltz and Peterson facilitated the division between the east and west.

Last edited:
ALPA is a lapdog union to the ATA. They've given up scope, pay, EVERTHING and then this dolt Moak has the nerve to write BS like that?

The major airlines and the commuters, both associated to ALPA, do NOT work for the same interests. ALPA has consistently given away larger and larger airplanes to badly compensated commuter airlines.

It's time that DALPA and UAL ALPA rid themselves of the stink of ALPA and Moak and start fighting to take back the profession.

I didn't like the modified question, but the results were pretty clear. The pilots who voted supported a change to policy in the event that it looked like the age was going to change anyway. And the truth is, the age was going to change anyway. We weren't going to be able to stop it. Someone with real political savvy like Captain Woerth probably could have held it off for another year or two, but it was coming eventually.

Here is the crux of the problem. Who said it was going to change anyway? If Prater had a set of balls and we had a real union (which we don't) then it would have been politically impossible for anyone to enact the age 65 law. I'm not as concerned with age 65 than I am with ALPA being huge defeatists and saying "it was going to happen anyway." NEWS FLASH....THIS IS WHY YOU HAVE A UNION SO THINGS LIKE THIS JUST DON'T HAPPEN! Prater and a few captains go on "The View" and "Oprah" and the "Today Show" and "Good Morning America" and tell all the soccer moms why this is a bad idea. Be it true or not. Just say we as a 60,000 pilot group think its unsafe and unnecessary to change this law. See how far Oberstar or any politician for that matter get. People trust pilots with their lives and their family's. All we have to do is engage them in the proper mediums.

Latest resources

Back