• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Capt upgrade at CAL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What is so bad about the bottom of the list at CAL that CAPT goes that junior? Is it PBS or is it something else?

Before Poco puts her 2cents in; yes, it's PBS and Reserve. Nothing more and nothing less.

And,,, about EWR; fyi it is not that bad. I live in Florida, have commuted to IAH, GUM, and for the most part of 19yrs to EWR. The best trips on B777, B767, B757 are EWR, and if you like the city (NYC) it is right there. Concerts, the park, ballgames, shows, travel, eating, on and on.

Everyone is right about delays, ATC, challenges, etc., but for commuting East coast you have so much flexability with connects, jumpseats etc.

I would imagine a lot of the guys taking the upgrade live locally (or close enough to locally). If you are on the 756 and have been here less than 3 years, you're really only seeing 12 days off (very commutable 12 days off because of the trip types, but still 12). Would you rather make 70-ish an hour with 12 off or 145-ish an hour with 12 off, assuming you don't commute. A lot of guys are taking the upgrade with the intention of doing it for a few years and then bidding back to the right seat in something a little more "civilized".

So the theory goes...
3 year pay on the 756 is 70ish an hour????????

We'll take it back, but by how far is up to us. I didn't know a damn scab is on our negotiating team. Wasn't this the situation with '02?? Isn't that ahole over in management now? Jesus....I hate scabs.

We'll take it back, but by how far is up to us.

That is something I agree with you 100% on. If our pilot group does not wake up and harness all the energy into becoming unified we ain't gonna have ********************.

On the other hand, if we finally start to act like a damn union and direct our elected representatives accordingly, we can probably get something accomplished.

Are we gonna be the "Mesa" of the Legacies? Or not?

I vote NOT. Which is only a "T" away from NO! ;)

I didn't know a damn scab is on our negotiating team. Wasn't this the situation with '02?? Isn't that ahole over in management now? Jesus....I hate scabs.

Dude...go drink a beer or something. You're gonna blow a piston!:nuts:

NO strikebreakers were on the Negotiating Committee during C'02 talks.

The MEC Chair and some of the elected representatives had crossed though. They (all 9 of them) authorized the TA to be sent out to the pilot group.

The guy that is in management now was the former NC Chairman and was hired after the strike was over. 1986 I believe.

Last edited:
The guy that is in management now was the former NC Chairman and was hired after the strike was over. 1986 I believe.

He was a People Express fmr. Along with a bunch of other sell outs from that fmr era that screwed a lot of people over.

Latest resources

Back