Cappy...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/06/21/deutschebahn-idUSLDE75K1UZ20110621

DB Schenker is planning major cutbacks in the US flight operations. This may significantly affect both Cappy and ATI. I think they have already cut the operation from 40 flights back to 20. I think the high fuel prices and old inefficient aircraft are hurting their bottom line. Any insiders care to comment on what impacts these cutbacks will have on their business? I think ATI has a significant amunt of Charter ie non BAX business where Cappy is 99% tied to the BAX operation.

DB Schenker bought the BAX business in 2006/7. All the US flying is done by Cappy and ATI which are owned by ATSG the parent company also of ABX Air. A short answer to a long and complicated corporate restructuring and also a Deutsch Bahn (german Rail) privatization venture.
DB Schenker is a logistics company, a wholly owned subsidiary of Deutsche Bahn AG. The company, created by reorganisation and rebranding of various Deutsche Bahn subsidiaries, comprises a logistics division encompassing air, land and sea freight, and a rail division made up from a variety of European rail freight companies.
[edit] History and background

Since December 2007 DB Schenker has been the freight logistics subsidiary of Deutsche Bahn. DB Schenker is one of the leading globally integrated logistics service providers. DB Schenker combines all transport and logistic activities of Deutsche Bahn (DB Schenker rail and DB Schenker logistics) employing over 88,000 staff spread across about 2,000 locations in about 130 countries and now is the biggest freight operator in the UK after buying out EWS.[1]
From 1 January 2009 the logistics operations of DB-Schenker, Railion, EWS, and Transfesa were combined under the brand "DB Schenker".

It may not happen on the scale of Astar/ABX with the DHL debacle but (estimate) 80% of all ATI flying is BAX contracts and 95% of all Cappy flying is BAX so considerable cutbacks are looming. The decisions should be made in the next 4-6 weeks how big the cuts will be. The survivability of these companies might sadly be in question. The good news is there are a few aviation jobs out there, especially Ex Pat type jobs if they are willing. Best of Luck to all those involved.

K4 ,Connie is hiring too,and K4 loves freightdogs,former or current.

I just saw a 757 painted in Cappy's colors at a hangar on 36th street in Miami.

Latest resources

Back