• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Capitol question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes, ATI and Capital contracts are completely overruled by ABX's side letter (repeat 10 times)

I might be missing something. How does the ABX agreement effect the Capital CBA? Does the Capital pilot's CBA have anything to do with who gets hired?

Yes, ATI and Capital contracts are completely overruled by ABX's side letter (repeat 10 times)

These are the kind of statements that drive us crazy. Capi has a training contract on their CBA. Whether it applies to ABX or not will be for a court to decide. The contract is for all new employees an ABX guy while not a new ATSG employee is still a newhire for ATI and Capi. ATI does not have a training contract. All our CBA rules and conditions STILL apply to the ABX dude. He gets what a new hire gets for pay and vacation while ATSG makes up for the rest of whatever he is entitled to according to his years of service.
The only thing the letter says is that we have to recall the ABX folks before hiring of the street. They must stay at ATI for a minimum of 2 years.

cappy has no intention of hiring anyone that is going to be paid more than another pilot already here.

Isn't the VP/DO an Ex-ABX chief Pilot. If so why would he go against his boss JH, and not hire ABX pilots.

Besides CCI intentions have no bearing on if an ABX pilot gets a job. They fall under the ATSG umbrella, and as such Uncle Joe (the big boss) signed an agreement with ABX. The agreement said if any ATSG company hires anyone they must offer it to an ABX furloughed pilot before it goes to "off the street" pilots.

Also a recalled ABX guy that goes to CCI would not make "more" than someone already there they would make the same amount of pay as someone at CCI based on years of service to Uncle Joe. So most ABX guys would make around the 8 to 12 year pay scale, depending on years of service to ATSG.

So why did the one guy that came to capitol cargo resign his number at ABX? It has been said that on the local 1224 board he's being called a, dare I say it, "scab". So why did he do that?

Looks like the ATSG/ABX "recall" letter wasn't near as bullet proof as once thought. Poor ATI, you guys have a ton of those guys by now. If I were a regular ATI line pilot I would sure be mad knowing those new ABX pilots are getting an extra check from ATSG.

wow that was actually sort of well said, it does sum up the situation though. according to JH he never signed anything close to what 1224 is saying. maybe something on 1224 side of the house has been overexagerated

Latest resources

Back