• This site moved from forums.flightinfo.com to flightinfo.com. Please update your bookmarks.

Capital Interview

starcheckdriver

Well-known member
Joined
May 13, 2004
Posts
365
Total Time
Enough
Anyone been called for an interview or offered a class date with Capital Cargo?
 

whereamI

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 3, 2002
Posts
150
Total Time
.
I got a call for a july 18th class date, so they must be hiring some FO's as well. Who has the most accurate crystal ball prediction for the BAX situation?
 

flyinyourShorts

Old Convair's never die
Joined
Nov 14, 2002
Posts
104
Total Time
9AM
starcheckdriver said:
Anyone been called for an interview or offered a class date with Capital Cargo?
Did you get a call USC? You talk about Capital about as much as we use to talk about Air Tahoma(somebody sure did beat that dead horse....). Hope your ready to take on the 727, it's a whole 'nother world from the Caravan. Last class had a single pilot Metro driver wash out, so that's something to think about. Best of wishes though.

As for BAX, who knows?!? Besides this IS aviation and nobody knows what's ever going to happen.
 

starcheckdriver

Well-known member
Joined
May 13, 2004
Posts
365
Total Time
Enough
The Chief Pilot called and left a message with me. He couldn't remember if they had offered me a job or if I still needed to interview. LOL! I called him back yesterday, but no answer. I would imagine they would have interviewed me already for a July 18 class date. That seems like rather short notice.
 

freighterguy

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 4, 2004
Posts
49
Total Time
5000+
Expect short notice for an interview/class date. It is also not uncommon to interview, drug test, get results and next day start ground school.

Spoke with 2 friends who were called by the CP last week for a June 18th FO ground school.

FG
 

Steve

Curtis Malone
Joined
May 6, 2002
Posts
737
Total Time
1170
starcheckdriver said:
The Chief Pilot called and left a message with me. He couldn't remember if they had offered me a job or if I still needed to interview. LOL! I called him back yesterday, but no answer. I would imagine they would have interviewed me already for a July 18 class date. That seems like rather short notice.
Are you a Lear Pic at airnet?
 

starcheckdriver

Well-known member
Joined
May 13, 2004
Posts
365
Total Time
Enough
freighterguy said:
Expect short notice for an interview/class date. It is also not uncommon to interview, drug test, get results and next day start ground school.

Spoke with 2 friends who were called by the CP last week for a June 18th FO ground school.

FG
How can they expect you to leave your current employer that quickly? I thought standard procedure in any job was two weeks notice before leaving. Does Cappy always provide such short notice for classes?
 

whereamI

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 3, 2002
Posts
150
Total Time
.
starcheckdriver said:
How can they expect you to leave your current employer that quickly? I thought standard procedure in any job was two weeks notice before leaving. Does Cappy always provide such short notice for classes?
Welcome to the wonderful world of aviation! Two weeks is standard for most industries, but again we work in aviation.
 

starcheckdriver

Well-known member
Joined
May 13, 2004
Posts
365
Total Time
Enough
IMHO (which isn't worth much) leaving your current employer with less than two weeks notice is asking for trouble and burning a bridge that you may need someday.
 

Skybusdriver

Wirst Officer
Joined
Nov 17, 2003
Posts
11
Total Time
254K+
Then it is your choice to not leave your current employer, ot to not take the new job. You don't have to say yes to every offer. If you don't lthink you're going to like the place or the way they do business, then don't work there.
 
Top