Capital Cargo

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Midnight Flyer said:
is that the hangar with all those high performance props are? I think ive been there..probably talked to you and didn't even know it.

Take care

We had a OV-1D Mohawk for awhile this spring/summer with a couple of T-28's...but we have A LOT of L-39's. But your probably thinking of the OV-1 and the T-28's. Anyways..come down and see us if where around..

Hey DAL737FO is it true when you left you sent a letter to the company and gave them the dirt on every pilot in the company you didn't like? If so why would you rat out a fellow pilot especailly since I have never seen anybody be anything but nice to you? Is it true.....I hope not

Last edited:
Any chance on the payscales and upgrade times guys? THANKS!

SaifAir said:
Hey DAL737FO is it true when you left you sent a letter to the company and gave them the dirt on every pilot in the company you didn't like? If so why would you rat out a fellow pilot especailly since I have never seen anybody be anything but nice to you? Is it true.....I hope not

You have to be kidding right? The only letter that I gave the company had one line in it and said when my last day would be. Nothing more nothing less. I left Cappy on good terms and I still talk to about a half dozen pilots still on property.

Upgrade times from FO to Captain are averaging about 1.5 years. I upgraded at about that time. Is Capital for you? There are definitely worse places. It's nice to get a paid airline ticket to and from your home to your rotation. Paychecks are always on time and they don't bounce. But you have to be prepared to fly back-side-of-the-clock on a 16 day rotation and it can be brutal.

As far as SaifAir's inquiry about someone quitting and writing a letter, that is a mystery to me; never heard any rumors about that.

furloughchump said:
As far as SaifAir's inquiry about someone quitting and writing a letter, that is a mystery to me; never heard any rumors about that.

Yea, I've never heard anybody talking about that either. SaifAir is probably just jealous of DAL737FO and is trying to make him look like a jerk or somthing.

SaifAir probably either works or has worked for Capital based on the fact that he said "why would you rat out a fellow pilot especailly since I have never seen anybody be anything but nice to you?"

This really isn't the venue for this conversation and I should have sent a PM but I was so p!$$ed when I heard this I couldn't wait to jump him. He left quite awhile before the mass of new hires.

Have to take the man at his word, my apologies, don't want to smear your name without hard facts, should have known better than to post it here. but to let you know I heard it from a couple of people who should have been in the know.

Trust me furloughchump I am not jealous I am all about taking care of each other in this business.

I'm new to the cargo world...for comparison's sake...how does Capital Cargo compare to another ACMI company such as Atlas?

Are ACMI's stable?

Why the secret with pay? This raises the "UNDER-PAID" flag...thanks for sharing the info about your company guys.

Captain Monkey Suit said:
I'm new to the cargo world...for comparison's sake...how does Capital Cargo compare to another ACMI company such as Atlas?

Are ACMI's stable?

Why the secret with pay? This raises the "UNDER-PAID" flag...thanks for sharing the info about your company guys.

There's no secret about the pay silly, we're just too lazy to sit down and type out the payscale, that's all.
FO first year is about 37,500, 2nd year about 39,500, 3rd year about 41,000....just keeps going up. That does not include perdiem (1.75 per hour), performance bonus and attendance bonus. Factor in all of that, and you'll gross about 50,000 your first year. You'll find some sticklers on here who will say that's not true, but I can back it up with all of my paystubs.

In my opinion, a good comparison to Capital is Kitty Hawk, Custom Air, Express.Net, etc... Then, there is your Atlas, Gemini, Polar, SouthernAir, Tradewinds, etc... The difference, IMO, is that with the latter, you're flying longer routes, bigger equipment, gone a little more, and paid more. With Capital, you're narrowbody domestic, gone for 14-16 days max, and paid a little less. Capital has a great reputation and the checks have never bounced.

Is ACMI stable? I don't know, but who can predict anything in this industry anymore. Anything can happen; just look over the past year. ASA was sold, ComAir's in trouble, a legacy airline merged with a LCC, Delta & NorthWest filed bankruptcy.
To answer your question about ACMI, I don't know. But I do personally think freight is the place to be. Mail, packages and cargo always have to go no matter what, even in hard economic times, however, I've noticed passenger loads are the first thing to drop when families start tightning up their belts to save money. Just my .02

Now we're talking thanks Midnight Flyer. Any contact info? I found the website but no email address that I can see. Is fax the or snail mail the only way? Thanks again.

Latest resources

Back