• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

cape air

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If I could afford 20K a year I would be sitting in the right seat of a RJ.

Good post, but I wanted to point out some things that most people do not know about Cape Air. New England based crews have a guarantee of 35 hours a week, granted that there are lines that have higher guarantees, but per the GOM it is 35. The starting pay is $12.81 a hour.

$12.81 times 35 equals $448.35
$448.35 times 52 is $23,314.20

$23,314.20 is no where near enough to pay the bills on Cape Cod.

Also keep in mind that Cape Air has not given full raises in a long time.

I can not figure out where they get the "average first year sallary of $38,000" that they advertise on climbto350.com.

They are planning on negotiating a contract with the recently voted in Teamsters in 2007. I hope the best for the pilots and everyone involved.

Also, the home every night thing is really nice, but with the pay Cape Air has pilots living in cars in the Hyannis Airport's Parking lot. This is not hard to believe since a hole in the wall apartment in Hyannis starts around the $1,000/mo range plus untilities.

Last edited:
It is *possible* to make that much. Too say it is average is a big stretch.

They probably assume you work more like 50 hours a week by bidding a high-time line and picking up extra days. Everything over 40 is time and a half, so that's pay for 55 hours per week. Then if you go to the Caribbean for the winter you add $3 per hour to your pay, so it comes out to around $38k. But keep in mind you are working 5 or even 6 days a week to do this.

Cape Air guys,

Does anyone know if Cape Air is currently hiring for the Guam base? If not, then what are the possibilities of transfering once in the system? Any info on the Pacific operations would be appreciated.

Thank you,

AV8N4Fun

great company, great people, I loved working there....but, even with the money I was making, most went into rent and utilities. Financially, I am better off working as a F/O for a regional getting paid less, but living almost $1000 cheaper a month. But I do miss the flying.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back